The Mind Flayer (part 2)

Start from the beginning

"(Y/n)..." Mike started to say, shaking his head. "What if-"

"I'll come back, I promise." I said, smiling at him. "You stay here and look out for Will. I'll be okay. I just want to prove myself that I am strong." I placed my hand around the side of his face. I pulled him over and my lips had touched his. "We'll get out of here together."

Hopper led me and Bob out the hallway once the coast was clear.

Hopper and I grabbed two policemen and dragged their lifeless bodies down the hallway to where Bob hid quietly.

I knew this was a bad idea already, but I had a plan mapped out in my head. If things didn't go to plan, I would resort to my abilities. I would have to deal with the questions from the adults later.

"Okay, grab their walkie-talkies." Hopper said, and we did our best to be as stealthy as possible. I placed the ear piece in my ear.

"All right, you know how to use one of these?" Hopper asked, making sure his gun had ammo. Bob finished putting the ear piece in.

"No?" Bob asked.

I pointed the flashlight at the gun.

"Safety on." Hopper guided Bob. "Safety off. Point. Squeeze."

He handed him the gun and Bob panted. "Point and squeeze. Okay. Easy-peasy."

"If anything happens down there, you two, I want you to come right back up."

"Right back here." Bob said. "Listen, guys. Don't wait for me. As soon as I get those doors open..."

"I'm gonna get them out." Hopper said.

"Yeah?" Bob nodded. "Ready, (Y/n)?"

I nodded.

"Good luck, you two." Hopper said.

"Okay, well..." Bob said as the backup generator lights pulsed with life. "We'll be in touch."

~~~

*Third person POV*

Nancy and Jonathan had rolled up to Hawkins Lab together. Jonathan's face was puzzled when he saw the lights were out. "Why are the lights off?" He stepped out of his car at the gate.

"Maybe it's closed?" Nancy asked.

"What, security just took the night off?" Jonathan asked. "I don't think so." He closed the door and walked over to try and press the button that opened the gates.

"It's not working?" Nancy walked over to him.

"No! The power's off." He said in frustration.

Nancy looked up after she thought she heard some rustling behind her. "Jonathan?" she whispered as he clicked the button several times more.

"What?" He asked.

"I think there's something in the woods."

They left the car behind, and Nancy hurried over to the woods. Jonathan followed behind her to pull her back. "Nancy." He whispered. He put her behind him. "Hello?" They could see flashlights further down the path. "Who's there?" He raised his voice again and several figures walked out of the woods together. "Who's there?!"

The flashlights revealed Steve at the front with the bat, and the kids behind him.

"Steve?" They called out to him incredulously.

"Nancy?" Steve walked forward.

"Jonathan!" Dustin said.

"What are you doing here?" Nancy asked and they all grouped up together.