𝐭 𝐡 𝐢 𝐫 𝐭 𝐲 - 𝐭 𝐰 𝐨

Start from the beginning

"That's how. What is that ring?" Clary asks as Izzy types making a clicking noise.

"Looks like he's talking to someone." Izzy says. Hodge in the video holds the Cup to his Face.

"And I can bet who it is." Jace says, disgust lacing his tone. I sigh.

"Valentine." Clary says sneering.

"No! Really? I would have guessed it was the Easter Bunny." I say sarcastically. "I thought he would storm in and say "Hey Honey Bunnies." While he hops around." They all look at me confused and annoyed.

"Well, that explains how he deactivated the Punishment rune, but it doesn't explain where he got the ring." Alec says, sighing.

"You think someone smuggled it past the wards?" Clary asks.

"Maybe." Jace says. "Hodge wasn't the only ex-Circle member around here." Jace says, making Alec and Izzy look at him. Alec rolls his eyes in Jace's face making me chuckle.

"Look, I know I don't always see eye to eye with my parents, but I know is they're not traitors." Izzy says, turning around to see Jace.

"Really? Isn't that what you just said about Hodge?" Jace says with a little bit of sas. "It'd have to be someone we trusted, but if there was an intruder inside the Institute, we would have found them by now."

"What about the Forksaken attack?" Clary asks.

"No. We killed that thing, and I didn't see a ring." Alec tells Clary.

"He didn't have one during the autopsy, but... maybe there's something in the footage." Izzy says tapping a tab. She fast forwards to the video showing Hodge fighting the Forksaken.

"Go to the other camera." Alec tells Izzy. She types on the keyboard. Another video pops up showing Hodge grabbing something out of the Forksakens pocket.

"There." Jace says, making Izzy pause the video. She zooms in.

"So it wasn't a random attack." Clary says, looking at Jace.

"He was just the delivery boy." Jace says not looking at Clary. Still can't believe they're related. That's so gross. They kissed and who knows what.

"If he gives that Cup to Valentine, he will create an army of Shadowhunters." Alec says. "With that kind of power behind him, he'll kill thousands."

"He'll kill thousands just by creating an army. Most mundanes won't survive that." Izzy says as we all still stare at the screen. Well, I was staring at Alec slightly but nobody gotta know.

"We won't let that happen." Clary says.

"I'm gonna make sure of it." Jace says walking away, well stomping. He's so annoying.

"Well, I'm hungry." I say not before trailing Alec's arm. Still mad at him though.

I swear, why is everyone annoying today? On one hand I have church while on the other I have a cookie

I swear, why is everyone annoying today? On one hand I have church while on the other I have a cookie. I see Clary walking toward me.

"Carrot." I say as she pulls my arm. She drags me into the weapons room. Alec and Jace are putting Weapons onto a table.

"Jace, what are you doing?" Clary asks Jace. Bite my cookie as I set Church on the table. Church gives me a glare making me sigh. I picked Church.

"Every second we waste here, Hodge gets closer to Valentine." Jace tells Clary.

"Hey, we're a team, all right?" Clary stammers. I snort. I'm pretty sure Church did too. "I know you're mad right now, but Hodge could be dangerous." Clary points out.

"Two of us, one of him. Check the math, but I'm pretty sure he's outnumbered." Jace says as he tucks something in his pants.

"What is with you? Would you just talk to me for a second?" Clary asks him. Aren't they talking? I eat the rest of the cookie.

"Lydia, Hodge... All this is happening because I didn't stop Valentine." Jace tells Clary with an angry tone.

"Jace, you cannot let emotions cloud your judgment." Clary tells Jace as she leans on the table. "Your words, remember?" Alec passes by. He puts his arrows onto his shoulder. "When I first wanted to find my mom, I didn't care about anyone else. But you were the one that taught me that it's about a world that's bigger than us."

"That's why you need to wake her up." Jace says before inhaling. "She was his prisoner... and his wife. If anyone can stop him, she can."

"Jace, listen to me-

"You can do this." Jace interrupts Clary.

"Maybe I can. But it's not about me, it's you I'm worried about. You cannot let Valentine's evil poison you!" Clary says. I grab another cookie from my pocket. It's obviously in a ziplock bag. I'm not a monster.

"He's my father." Jace tells Clary, making her roll her eyes. Wait... if Jocelyn is technically married to Valentine, does that make me his step daughter. Nope, absolutely not.

"Actually... he's our father." Clary says, making Jace cringe. I cringe as well.

"You don't get it." Jace tells Clary as he looks her dead in the eye. I look at Church.

"Thank god I didn't leave you where you were. You could've been like them. Get it, god." I say chuckling. "I'm so stupid. What has life become." Jace walks away.

"Jace." Alec calls after Jace. I look at Clary.

"Dude, can't believe you guys are siblings. If I was siblings with either Alec or Magnus, I would hang myself." I say shivering. "And, if you end up with Simon, get help. You've said you thought of him as a brother since you guys were younger." I tell Clary. "If you do, get some help."

❀