Part 7: Masato's POV

Ren walked in when I was getting changed. I was in my boxers with a towel on my dripping wet hair. I felt embarrassed, but why? He'd seen me like this so many times before.

"If you leave your hair wet you'll get even more ill." He walked towards me and pulled the towel off my head, then turned me round so he could dry my hair.

When he had finished I turned to look at him. "Thank you."

"You used my soap." He said as he moved his face closer to mine.

I smiled. Embarrassed I looked down at my hands. He tilted my chin up and caressed my jaw. I put a hand on his not wanting him to let go, then he pulled me into a kiss. He moved the hand off my chin and onto the back of my head and tangled his fingers in my hair. He gently pulled my head back and started kissing down my neck and along my collarbone. Then, without warning, he stopped and pulled away. When he did I felt like a piece of me was missing. He walked over to the door and locked it, checking it to see if it could be opened. Then he returned to me. He forced a kiss on my lips as he pushed me towards my bed. I tripped backwards and fell onto my bed. Ren straddled my hips and hunched over, holding one of my hands above my head, his other hand supporting him. My other hand was on the back of his head, my fingers tangled in his hair as he kissed my face and neck. Then he moved down to my collarbone and bare chest. He slid back to kiss lower. I moaned as he moved over my hard member. "Ren."

He leaned over to kiss my chest and I could feel his erection touching my groin. He moved his hand from above my head to my boxers.

"Ren. I-I can't. I'm not ready."

He sat up and climbed off of me. "I understand." He smiled at me. "I'm surprised you let me go that far."

"Let's just wait until I'm healthier. I don't want to get you ill too, though, it's probably too late now." I joked.

"I nearly forgot, Nanami asked me to give these to you." He handed me some notes. "She said they're from yesterday."

"Thanks." I stood up and kissed him on the cheek. "Sorry."

"Sorry for what?"

"For not being ready."

"Don't apologize. If you're not ready, then I won't force you to do something you don't want to." He grabbed my hands. "I'm ready when you're ready."

I looked at the clock. "It's 10:00 in the morning. Ren, I think you should get some sleep. I woke you up and now you look exhausted.

"Masato. Go lie down. You're shaking. Don't worry about me."

I climbed into my bed. Ren followed climbing over me to the space of bed by the wall. "If you want me to sleep then I'll sleep next to you."

I rolled over to face him and he put his arm under me and pulled me closer to him. I rested my head on his shoulder and my hand on his chest and drifted off to sleep.

I woke up in the same position as I had fallen asleep. Ren was stroking my head. He looked just as exhausted as he did before we got into bed.

"Did you sleep at all?" I wondered aloud. My voice was no more than a rough whisper.

"what were you dreaming about?" Ren asked, curious.

"Why?" I asked. "I was having a nightmare."

"That explains why you were moaning in your sleep." He laughed. Then his face was serious. "Please tell me what it was about."

I sat up. "My father." I wiped sweat from my face.

"I should take your temperature." He said realizing the sensitive subject.

I got up to go get the thermometer from Ren's bedside table .

"Here, let me." Ren patted the bed beside him and I passed him the thermometer and sat down.

The beep made my head ache.

"100.3." Ren put his hand on my cheek. "Your temperatures gone down but you still have a fever."

My stomach growled. "Well, I guess I did spend the last two days vomiting up my stomach contents."

"I'll get you some food. Is there anything in particular?"

"No. Not really."

"I'll be ten minutes at the most. Call me if you need me." He stuffed some money and his phone into his jacket pocket and left.

I laid back down, my head felt worse than before. It was painful and everything was spinning like I was on a turntable.

I was bored and restless, so I got up and wobbled to the table. The paper Nanami had given Ren to give to me was on the corner, half hanging off the table. I picked it up and sat down. It was a detailed description of what went on in class in my absence. Things like an assignment, to things like Ittoki falling off his chair because a girl screamed when a wasp landed on her hand.

I sighed. It was boring being alone and now feeling awkward around Ren after turning him down.

~TIME GAP~

"Masato. Masato." Ren was shaking my back.

"Hmm." I sat up and looked around, disorientated. "Ren." I mumbled.

He placed a sandwich on the table in front of me. "If you're okay I'm going to try and get some sleep."

I nodded to him and opened the wrapped up sandwich.

"Masato, wake me up in an hour." He flopped down on the bed and was instantly asleep.

I quietly laughed and took a large bite out of my sandwich. I didn't realize how hungry I was until I finished the sandwich. Only fifty-five minutes until I could wake Ren up. I stood up and walked, occasionally leaning on something, over to the bookshelf and picked out a book. 'The history of the Shinsengumi' "They were only active for five years." I whispered to myself. "1864 to 1869."

I had read half the book before it was time to wake Ren. I tried to gently shake Ren awake but he grabbed me and pulled me onto the bed with him.

"Five more minutes." He groaned and hugged me tighter.

I tried to break his hold on me but he was too strong.

"Ren, you said to wake you in an hour."

"Okay, now give me another hour." He mumbled.

I laid there silent, just in case I woke Ren up, and eventually I fell asleep.

~TIME GAP~

I woke up and looked at the clock. It had only been thirty minutes from when I last tried to wake Ren. I looked around the room for something to do and decided to try my luck at darts. I slowly moved Ren's arm off of my chest and slid off the bed. I pulled the darts off the board and stood where Ren stands when he plays darts. I threw a dart at the board and it hit. "This isn't so hard." I gloated to myself. The next two I threw missed and landed on the floor. I frowned annoyed at the outcome. I try again and they all miss. There was a quiet laugh, I turn around and Ren was standing behind me.

"Let me help you." He grabbed my arms from behind and turned me round so I had the correct stance and helped me throw a dart, the dart hit the board just off center. "Try aiming a bit higher." He aimed my wrist higher and let go.

Again I threw the dart but it ended up too high.

"I give up." I gave Ren the last dart and he threw it straight into the bulls-eye.

He looked at me and poked out his tongue. Irritated I frowned at him. Ren walked over to his bedside table and grabbed the thermometer and walked over to me.