Chapter 4

The next morning at seven we head to the beach and train as a crew. At eight everyone is here. Including my family who are cheering for James man.

James stands up shushing everyone,"The rules are is it's a fight to the death, who ever wins gets Jane. I have my man Harold."

Everyone cheers for big and buff Harold. He's going to be slow from all that muscle.

John stands up,"And my women Jane."

Protests break out but I walk into the playing field holding my daggers keeping my face emotionless. Harold holds his sword and James is looking to be sick.

"Go." He says quietly and Harold charges me.

I stay remaining unfazed as his attack misses by millimeters. I slice his arm before pulling away. I continue this until he grabs my dagger and slashes across my eye causing pain to erupt. I ignore it and throw my dagger into his heart making Harold stumble back a glossy look crossing his face before he falls over, dead. The crowd gasps in shock and Ralf runs up to me and stitches my face up and gives me an eye patch to wear around the eye to keep infections out. I stand up and face the crowd.

"By the ancient rules of combat, I win." I yell loud enough for everyone to hear me and my crew cheers and James stares at me dumbfounded. I jog to catch up with my crew but James grabs my arm swinging me towards him and kisses me. A low growl is heard from behind me and I shove Prince James off me.

"What the hell?!" I ask wiping my mouth in disgust.

He smirks,"You liked it."

I gag,"I hated it. I'd rather kiss my entire crew then you. No offense guys."

"None taken." they all reply.

"You will regret this. You are nothing." James spat in my face.

I growl lowly,"You are nothing Mr. I have a stick stuck up my ***!"

"I bet your just a bother to them." James retorts and John is beside me suddenly eyes black.

"She's done more in five months then you've done in your whole life." he growls.

I'm startled by his black eyes.

"What'd she do?" James asks smugly.

"She threatened a giant squid and then made friends with it. She improved our sail rigging. She helped save some people in Brazil from a fire and hugged a monkey who hugged her back. She's made friends with kids in china and in Madagascar. She became our best look out and joker. And then skipper. And she just beat your best man with a dagger." John replies his eyes returning to normal and pride filling them,"She made us good again."

I look at him shocked. I helped them become good again? I smile softly and John pulls me back to the ship. The crew gathers around me.

"We want to celebrate you for helping us." Ralf says smiling and we celebrate with water and food.

3rd Persons POV

Captain John stands up followed by the crew and he walks over to where Jane is.

He takes her hand is his,"Jane. I... " he stutters and leans forward in her ear whispering something making her smile and hug him.

"Me too." she whispers kissing his cheek.

The crew cheers as a whole and give her a slap on the back before they clean up and head to bed.

While the entire time James is watching them from the shadows feeling sadness eat him away but he stands up and walks to the castle. Time to find a different suitor. He thinks to himself.

And that is how this story ends. That is how my story begins on the very same ship. My name is Jane and I bid you farewell and safe travels. Now just remember, sometimes your Prince Charming is not the one you'd expect. Sometimes he's right in front of your face. I'm going to seal this up in a water tight bag and give to some children at the next land we go to and tell them to pass my story on and to write many more of their own. My name is Jane and I am the first women skipper.