Chapter 2

James POV

George went home after a while so I decide to read. But instead someone knocks on the door.

"I got it!" Jimmy my younger brother yells and answers the door.

"Who is it?" I ask.

He doesn't reply so I walk over to the door. Outside is the prince.

"Your so getting beheaded." Jimmy says lowly and I flick his head.

"What are you doing here?" I ask calmly.

"I'm here to invite you to dinner." he replies smiling.

I see Jimmy grinning and I smack a hand over his mouth and glare at him,"Jimmy. I know what your thinking. Stop that thought in its tracks or I will for you."

He rolls his eyes and peels my hand away and blurts,"She'll accept."

I inwardly groan"Lets get this over with. I will bore you later brother." And is shoved and pulled out the door. He leads to some fancy smancy restaurant. We walk in and I'm given weird looks but I don't care. I sit right down and the prince sits across from me. Our foods ordered and he turns to me.

"My dearest Jane. Ever since you ran into me, you've captured my heart. I'm having you moved to the castle by the eve of tomorrow." he says.

We eat and he walks me home. Its once my head hits the pillow does everything crash in on me. I'm moving to the castle. I might become queen and not love this prince back and I'll be even farther away from the sea.I snap and grab a small bag. I throw on my work clothes, pack a brush, needle and thread, water bottle and some provisions. I write a letter to my family and the prince before running to the docks. I find a ship that I know is a pirates ship and holler.

"Hey. You guys. I know your all wake cause your leaving tonight."

All the men appear from below deck and look at me puzzled.

"I wish to join yer crew." I say in a fake pirate accent that people say they speak in.

"We have no room for women aboard." The captain sneers.

I sneer right back and snort,"Your my ticket outta here. But I could always throw these to waste." I say holding up green emeralds. These things are super rare, their color of green anyway.

Everyone's eyes is suddenly on the emeralds.

"Where'd you get those?" The captain growls.

"The sheriff practically drops them every year or so." I reply grinning.

"Welcome aboard. You still have to work." The captain says.

I smile and step aboard barely even noticing the ship rocking. The men stare at me impressed and start hoisting the sail and I easily help much to their surprise. This is going to be great.

James POV

I strut down the street with a spring in my step. I knock on Janes door and her brother answers eyes red and puffy and he shoves a letter in my hands. I read over it my heart breaking.

My Dearest Prince James,
I have left. I will tell you why. I left because I don't wish to move into any castle. I'd be forced away from the sea. I am really sorry. I'm leaving on the first boat out of here. Someday I'll come to visit. Until then, find someone else. I am not meant for the position. Jane.

I read over the letter and realize the first boat doesn't leave until a few hours. I run towards the docks and signal the captain. He walks over bowing.

"Has anyone called Jane entered aboard?" I ask.

"You mean Jane that lives here. No." he replies.

"Is there another ship that's left yet?" I ask worried.

"Um... Yeah. That black ship left in the dead of the night. There was a commotion but then it quieted down and then they left."

My poor Jane. She was probably forced to leave. I turn to one of my guards.

"Send out a search warrant. If anyone finds her, they get 1,000 gold crowns." I say and the guard nods scurrying off. I look to another guard,"Prepare our best battle fleet. The future queen is in trouble."

Captains POV

I smile up at Jane. She is very pretty and the boys have taken quite a liking to her. In one week everyone's her best friend and were all more spirited. She's helped with the lookout. She has an eagles eyes I swear. She saved us from a gigantic squid from two miles away. It may have a attacked us but Jane got up and yelled at it. The thing slithered back into the sea head down. It was a funny sight.

"Battle fleet. Starboard. Looks like Prince James fleet. Correction. It is his fleet." Jane yells.

"Star to port!" I yell and the ship changes directions. We start tacking straight into the wind.

Thanks to Jane, she changed our sail so it could do this and when were at high speeds, she added a fin on the bottom that'll stop the ship from tilting.

A loud snap is heard as one of the ships masts crack from the fleet. A loud low voice is heard.

"I will find you Jane. We will be together my love."prince James yells across the water.

"I will wait for you my love. My only true love that I ran away from." Jane says sarcastically bringing laughs including her.

I love her laugh. The first time we heard it is when she slipped and fell into a puddle, then we laughed and she snorts bringing more laughter.

I smile remembering past times.I thought it was funny when she saw her first monkey in brazil, she freaked and hugged it. We set sail for Madagascar. Jane joins me by the rails.

"What ya smiling about?" She asks.

"That I'm thinking of allowing to become part of my crew." I reply.

Her eyes widen,"Really?"

"Hell yeah if you want." I reply.

She hugs the living life out of me and pulls away doing a very bad dance around the boat. She comes back.

"When?" She asks.

I clear my throat,"Men. I hear by declare Jane a member of this crew."

All the men cheer and she hugs everyone delight on her face.

"Mom would kill me if she finds out a joined a pirates crew." she cries.

"Actually. Me and my men have been deciding on pulling outbid piracy and becoming good again. Honorable." I reply and everyone looks at their feet.

She gives everyone a quick peck in the cheek,"Im still claiming I joined a pirates crew. Sounds cooler."