"Okay," I whispered and took my position on the wall back. 

"You can't be here, Dad" He began and Marco's eyes were still set on me.

"Where?" He chuckled nervously before realizing. 

"Here, dad. This house, this state, This country!" He yelled "I support my mother 100 percent and by what she's told me you're a son of a bitch" 

"You will not speak to me like that!" Marco yelled back at his son. His son. The son that was getting angrier by the minute. 

"I can speak to you however I want! This is my house and I speak to whoever as I please!" He growled as some of his men entered the room and stood silently at the door waiting for further commands. 

"Are you really taking that bitches side!?" Over the man who raised you?" Before I could react the sound of a huge thud and glass smashing into pieces flooded the room. Roman pressed his father onto the wall holding the man by his collar. 

I leaped off the wall rushing toward Roman before the situation could get worse, "You piece of shit! You will respect her, she fucking loved you even though you didn't love her!" 

I placed a hand on Roman's arm tugging on him before he let go, Roman took a breath before nodding at the two men by the door who came forward and took Roman, father, by both arms and dragged him out forcefully not bothering to take his cane. 

Roman took the worthless piece of wood and threw it outside the door where his father stood with all his belongings packed.

"You caused harm to your own wife, knowing how much the Italian mafia respects its women. You're a fucking disgrace" Roman nearly choked up speaking what would probably be his last words to his father.  

"Rom-" The door slammed before he could respond fully.

Leona rushed downstairs with hopeful eyes, "Is he gone?" 

"Don't...Just don't speak to me" He shook his head and went into his office slamming the door. 

I felt helpless, I didn't know what to do to help him. I'd never been the best at comforting people but I was at confronting people.

"That's all you say? Your son just threw out his own father on the streets. I get it, he caused you pain but he loved him" I sighed before putting on my coat and taking some car keys out of the bowl by the door."You're not exactly an angel either, Lee. You cheated on him with his brother. A reason doesn't matter. He had the motive to do whatever it was he did"

She crossed her arms in thought, just like Roman did. That was one of the things they had in common. I stepped outside and got into my car, there was only one thing that could cheer him up and I would do anything to get it. 

Ice cream. 

The thing that bonded us together, how we'd even met in the first place. So I entered the supermarket that we'd first met in. I was shocked it was still open after all these years.  

"Oh I'm sorry, you can have it I have enough anyways"

I stepped into the exact aisle and open the freezer door, the mango sorbet in my direct line of vision. I took it in my hands and remember the time our hands touch each others reaching for the same flavor of ice cream. The sparks that could've lit themselves with the heat I felt threading through my body at that moment. 

I roamed through the aisles enjoying the time by myself, I'd even picked up some ingredients to make some facemask I'd seen on the internet. 

I marched straight to his office once I made it back to the house picking up two spoons from the kitchen on the way. 

I slammed the carton and spoon in front of him and swiped the papers off the desk making him look up at me.

"What is this?" He peered at me with confusion. 

"Well you need to eat, I figured you didn't want dinner so I went for a short supermarket trip" I opened my container of strawberry sorbet. 

He grinned and peeled off his suit jacket opening his own sorbet, "You got my favorite too, you know me so well" 

I ran a hand through his hair as I sat comfortably on his lap. 

"What do you feel about living here...permanently?" He asked passing a cold hand up and down my spine. 

"I can't, I need to run things in France" I looked at him with soft eyes as he nodded. 

Suddenly he perked up as if he'd had an idea, "So marry me" 

My eyes widened as I nearly went into a coughing fit. 

"What?" I spoke when my throat finally cleared. 

"If we got married our empires would be able to merge and we could run together" He kissed my shoulder with cold ice cream lips. 

Tingles went up and down my stomach as I tried to speak, "M-marriage is much more than that Roman, and a lady likes to get proposed to appropriately" 

"What do you want me to get on a knee and propose with an invisible ring? I will if you want me to" He whispered against my lips before connecting them and the flavor of mango made its way around my mouth. 

"I want an actual proposal before I agree to anything" I laid my head on his and we sat in silence. My head was wrapped around my possible future with the man that I loved and how our lives would change as we were bonded with each other for life. 

I slowly fell asleep as my mind gave out from the exhaustion of the day. A kiss on my forehead and Roman whispering sweet nothings as he placed me on a soft mattress and wrapped his arms around me as his front met my back was the last thing I felt before I shut my eyes until the next challenge.          

   Another good chapter, am I right guys? I've noticed that I've not been that active here lately and I want to change that but I have no idea how

I considered making a TikTok where I could promote my books and that sounds like the most reasonable and coolest option. I'm not a big content maker though so it might take some time to create and start making videos. All I ask is that you guys be patient while I get my life together. 

Thank you so much for all the support, M.