fourteen

"Why didn't you reply to my texts yesterday?" Hikaru started complaining once she saw Dayeon approaching her. "I was busy." Dayeon simply says, taking her phone out and checking Hikaru's texts. 

"It was just you asking if I have any watermelon?" Dayeon looked up and rolled her eyes when she saw Hikaru grin. "I was craving watermelon!" Hikaru explains and Dayeon giggles quietly. 

"I don't have any watermelon at home anyway." Dayeon puts her phone away and brings her full attention to Hikaru, listening to what she has to say. "Of course..." Hikaru rolls her eyes and looks away, soon smiling widely. 

Dayeon turned her head to the direction where Hikaru was staring at and saw Bahiyyih, she shook her head slowly and grinned once she saw Hikaru running to the taller girl. She watched them hug and walked away, heading for her locker.

She opened the locker and took out whatever she thought she needed for today. She only knows she has math today. 

She moves her head closer to the locker, trying to find a pencil she could use. She found one at the back of her locker and put it inside her blazer pocket, soon closing her locker and locking it.

 Once Dayeon turned around, she was startled when she saw Xiaoting in front of her. 

"Hello?" She awkwardly asked, wondering why she was here. "Do you know where Yujin is?" Xiaoting asked and Dayeon shook her head. Xiaoting bowed and walked away, leaving Dayeon all confused. 

She shrugged it off and walked away, soon bumping into someone since she wasn't looking.

"Sorry!" She immediately apologised, then stopped and froze when she saw who she bumped into. "Watch where you are going, Dayeon." It was Chaehyun's new ex-boyfriend. She rolled her eyes and walked away, heading to her first class, which was math.  

"I saw you bump into Chaehyun's ex this morning." Youngeun laughed and Dayeon rolled her eyes, smacking Youngeun on her shoulder. She sat down in her usual spot on the table and started eating her food, Youngeun sitting beside her. 

"What took you two so long?" Yujin asked after finishing her food. "The line was so long and chaotic, so the teacher separated the lines into different parts. But some people were complaining so the teacher stopped all of us because she was arguing with the students." Youngeun explained, breathing heavily after the long explanation. 

"Hey... Do you mind if I sit with you guys?" Everyone turned their heads to the direction of the voice.

It was Chaehyun. 

"Sure." Dayeon immediately answered, confusing the other girls. "Thanks." She awkwardly sat down beside Dayeon and started eating her food in silence, feeling all the stares she was getting from them.

"Why aren't you sitting with your friends?" Dayeon asked, making the other girls curious too. "They are not my friends anymore." Chaehyun answered, still looking down at her food. 

"Why?" Hikaru asked, interested. "Because of what happened yesterday." Chaehyun replied and the rest nodded their heads. 

"I'm sorry for what happened yesterday, Chaehyun." Dayeon suddenly said, placing her hand gently onto Chaehyun's shoulder and startling her. "It's fine." Chaehyun managed to say and look up at Dayeon, smiling awkwardly. 

Dayeon smiled back, soon taking her hand off of Chaehyun's shoulder. "Are you done with your food?" Dayeon asked, standing up and grabbing her own plate. "I can throw it away later." Chaehyun said. 

"No, it's fine." Dayeon insisted and took Chaehyun's plate, walking away and throwing the food into the bin and placing the plates onto the pile of others. 

She sat back down in her seat and smiled at Chaehyun again, confusing the older. Why is she being so nice to me? Chaehyun thought, but got interrupted by the loud, annoying bell.

-

A/N - sorry for not updating, i lost my motivation! but i'm back now!