"I'm sorry, love," I reply, not meaning it in the slightest, "I will try and keep my thoughts away from you so you can finish."

Kalem gnaws his bottom lip, "I never said you have to do that."

Laughing freely, I pull my love up from the bed so he can continue his checkup. The quicker he finished, the faster I'd be allowed to have my fill of him, and I planned to get every drop.

"Lincoln!"

Hands in the air, I remain perfectly still, directing my thoughts towards the elf while Kalem gets to work. Kalem shakes his head with a giggle before he gingerly passes his fingers over my chest again. It doesn't take long for his smile to slip away.

I peer down at the scar and find myself frowning as well. I wasn't used to not healing perfectly, and seeing the jagged skin over my heart was admittedly disconcerting.

"It doesn't hurt," I promise Kalem, not for the first time or the last.

Kalem hums absentmindedly as he gives the scar a hesitant poke before his eyes immediately jump up to mine, "Did that hurt?"

I shake my head, and Kalem gives it another more insistent poke, "I don't feel a thing, doc."

Blushing, Kalem ducks his head, trying to hide, but I could feel his blooming embarrassment as if it were my own. Thanks to our bond, I now felt Kalem's every worry and hope, as well as the weight of his love which was just as heady as it had been the first time.

I'd often heard how wonderful the binding could be between two who truly cared for one another but experiencing it was something else entirely different.

Feeling and seeing the way Kalem had loved me from the beginning when I thought he didn't understand what he wanted was all I never knew I needed. I'd doubted him for so long, but the truth was, even when Kalem's mind was at its worse, he'd always trusted me, wanted me, and cared for me.

Kalem cleaned not only because he loved to but because he wanted to make me happy and comfortable in our home. Ours because that's how he saw it from the very first day. When I bit him, I felt how hard he worked to make me smile because my smile somehow lit up his world, just as his did for mine.

I'd always thought it was just me, but the binding had showed me that just as he'd become my world within in the blink of an eye, I'd become his.

"Gods, I love you," I whisper as it all swells inside me once more.

Kalem blinks up at me, "I love you too, Master," he replies without hesitation before narrowing his pale eyes, "you're trying to get naughty again."

"Kalem," I start in a low whisper, "I think we both know that if I wanted to get 'naughty' again, I'd already be between your legs."

Kalem's face turns beet red again as he falls into helpless stammers, his eyes darting all over my body as if he wanted nothing more.

I tsk, "You are a very easily distracted doctor,"

"You're the worst patient ever," he retorts with a pointed finger that I don't hesitate to suck. Gasping, Kalem snatches it away, "I-I'm going to have to punish you once we get home."

That sounded like a beautiful promise, but my mind focused first on his last words, "You want to go home?"

"I think you're all better again," Kalem says while he eyes my scar. "You look better, and you're stronger too. Plus, I'm super strong, so nobody will hurt you again. I promise, Lincoln."

"I know," I lean closer, nuzzling his cheek, "you wouldn't ever let them, would you love?"

"Never," Kalem swears as he pulls me in for a kiss that makes me groan. I ready for more, only to land flatly on the mattress as Kalem pulls away and gets to his feet, "but we can't go until I return everything I stole."