Chapter 8

Not Edited!

_______________________

Thanks to everyone who emailed me banners! For this chapter I chose this one by, electrifiied ! Thanks so much! :) Everyome go show her lots of love and read her story Spark!

For your banner to be considered read the authors note at the end of the chapter :)

_______________________

Today I did the complete opposite. I talked to everyone at school trying to keep a grip on reality. The bell had rang and I was putting my books back into my locker.

I had a note today for the buss driver to let Sammie take me home from school. I would have to squeeze in a seat with her and her seat partner, but luckily she was the first buss stop and that didn't last for long.

Sammie greeted her parents when she entered the house notifying them that I was here too. Her dad was in the garage working on some contraption, while her mother was in the kitchen cooking up a fresh pile of delicious stew.

We went up to her room and I emptied out the contents in my bag. "So here's what I've found." I started. "The yearbook, I got myself. I was trying to see if I could identify the girls with the invitation and maybe speak to them, but turns out none of them were in there." Sammie began flipping through the pages as I continued speaking.

"The magazine appeared on the floor out of nowhere and I decided to keep the invitation." I gestured to each of
the items that were now lying on her bed.

"Well let's start from the beginning." She suggested. "The invitation was the first thing you received so let's look at that first." She grabbed the card that read PLEASE JOIN US! In a big swirly font on the front.

"Woah." She said. "Everything's changed."

"Lemme see." I said grabbing the card from her hands. The inside now had new handwriting in a black ink. The first time I had seen it everything was modern with my name, etc. But now it was completely different. Old and battered.

For : Lizzy
Time : 3:00pm - 6:30pm
Location : Brick City Park
Celebration Of : Lucy's birthday!
Date : April 5, 1996
RSVP : Becky Filder - mom. Call 123-456-7891
We hope you come! :)

I scanned the envelope immediately handing wavering it in Sammies face.

"It's the invitation!!" I squealed happily.

"So?" Sammie said impassively.

"So!" I said excited, "There's so much information on here, for instance." I leaned over enough to give her view of the card. I pointed to the name Lucy. "Lucy, Elizabeth's death was only 3 years ago and around the time she was 12. That means if Lucy was friends with her we could assume that this Lucy would be around 15 years old."

"Same age as Elizabeth now." She whispered. I could hear the knobs turning in her head already. I nodded and continued.

"The R.S.V.P says Becky Filder. Who is the mom of Lucy, so we can assume that Lucy is Lucy Filer! Plus the number, maybe we can get a hold of them!"

"The numbers 3 years old!" Sammie reminded. I shrugged my shoulders.

"Worth a try." Sammie nodded her head in agreement.

"Okay let's call." She went to get her phone.

"Wait there's one last thing." I said, "The date. This is where it all doesn't add up."
Sammie frowned as I continued to talk. "We would assume the date when she was killed on the day of the party."

"Before Elizabeth was even born." Sammie implied. She raised her eyebrows as a silence crept into the room.

"But anyways this date is obviously important and I think our next step should be in finding out what this date implies." I finished.

"Your right." She said. "Hmm." She raised her finger under her chin. "I think I know just the way to find out." She got up off her bed and began walking towards a shelf that held her board games. I rolled my eyes.

"Don't even think about the ouiji board Sammie."

"But come on Jamie!" She wined back.

"No." I said. Sure it would give us a lot of answers. But sure it also couldn't have. At this point I didn't care and Sammie was giving me her puppy eyes.

"How bad could it hurt?" She said, "I mean come on, now we won't have to do all the investigating right!" In a way she was right.

"Fine." I sighed. "But under one condition." Sammie nodded her head, "We aren't discussing the park."

"Why?!"

"We're gonna bond with her. Talk to her and figure it out ourselves. I mean wouldn't we have known by now if it was that important. I think she's doing this all for a reason." Sammie shrugged her shoulders as if considering what I just said. She pursed her lips and turned around reaching for the board. She had just placed a hand on it, giving it a tug when a voice filled the room with a scream.

NOO! It yelled, and I smacked Sammies arm away hard, immediately throwing my hands over my ears to cover them.

"Oww!" Sammie whined, what was that for!

I was breathing heavily and counting to ten when I realized everything was back to normal. I saw a big red mark on her arm.

"You didn't hear that?" I said softly. My voice came out cracked, struggling to get air to my lungs.

"No." She looked around eyeing her room suspiciously. "Is she here?!" She said happily. I simply nodded my head. "Ooh what did she say, what did she say?!"

"She screamed No at me when you reached for the board. I don't think she wants us using that." Sammie shrugged her shoulders and picked the board up placing it back onto the shelf it came from.

She took a seat on her bed and I returned to my spot on the other side.
"So tell me how you did it." She said.

"Did what?" I questioned still taking short heavy breaths.

"How come she spoke to you and not me?"

"I don't know. I don't know why any of this is happening to me of all people. But I guess it's up to us to figure out." She nodded her head as a knock came from the door.

We looked at each other fearful of what could be hiding behind. She motioned to me to walk silently and we tiptoed to the door against her hard wood floors as the fluff of white carpet disappeared.

Sammie rested her hand on the doorknob and held her breath pinching her eyes shut as she opened it. Her mom stood their hands over her chest smiling.

"Dinners ready." She said, "And what did I tell you about closed doors in this house." She scolded.

"Sorry." She muttered looking over to me as her mom turned and walked away. Words didn't even have to be said. The fear, the agony, the suspicion. It spoke all for itself as a trail of silence followed us. What had I gotten myself into?! Better yet, why did I drag my bestfriend into this?!

_________________________

Thanks for reading this chapter! Please vote and comment, follow, etc! I promise to return the favor in some way! Also banner information!
To get your banner featured you must

a) be sure to find the appropriate cover and include the book title and my name "Jada Wesley" as the author of it.

b) Email me your banner to jadawesleywattpad@gmail.com
including your username, and the picture.

c) Vote on this chapter!

Thank you! Until next time

Lots Of Love - Jada

P.S - I think I'm gonna go back to my old style of updating. 45 votes for the next chapter! :) Also if you didn't already read, this chapter is not edited so please comment on is takes, etc. So everyone can enjoy their reading experience!