Chapter 40 : Problem

Start from the beginning

However  his eyes slightly widened at the beautiful aroma of the food before he started digging in.

"Thanks for the food. "

___________

After his talk with Manabu Horikita, Ayanokouji was strolling through the school premises since there was still some time left before class started.

'Because of all the competition and chaos, I've never said this… But wow, this school is absolutely beautiful. Even with all the nasty tactics, fights, chaos and war, in the end, it still radiates the aura of a high class prestigious institution.'

While Kiyotaka was looking at the walls surveying the pictures of all the previous batches who graduated as Class-A students, he was brought out of his thoughts when he felt someone tapping his back.

He turned towards the person and it was  none other than Hirata Yosuke. 

"Good morning, Ayanokouji-kun."

"Good morning to you, as well, Hirata. You came early today, huh?"

Hirata released a small chuckle at his words.

"Not really.  I usually arrive at the school a little earlier than the projected time. Though I found myself shocked to see you strolling through the premises right now. You usually arrive just before class starts. "

'He seems quite observant. Or am I one of his main focuses? since I'm like the final boss, he needs to defeat to lead the class.'

"Yeah…I had some matters which needed to be discussed. So, instead of having a discussion after class, we thought it would be a good idea to take it before class."

"Did you get any private points today? We should've gotten it right?"

"Yes. Today is the date,  but I didn't get anything."

"Maybe it's some glitch made by the school."

"It could be."

"Would you mind walking to the class with me?"

"I won't mind. Let's go."

While the both of them were walking towards their classroom, Kiyotaka noticed a lot of female students flocking together to experience their presence, causing him to feel a little weird, seeing which Hirata gave him a troubled smile.

"I'm sorry you have to experience all this… because of me."

"It's alright. Don't worry about it. Although I do find it…pretty surprising. To think that you have to go through this every single day… I feel your pain."

Hirata awkwardly laughed at his words, before his face turned serious.

"Ayanokouji-kun, what is going to be your next step?"

"Huh?"

"It seems like whenever something is happening,  you are already 10 steps ahead of the problem. So I'm wondering if you have any plans within your mind."

"I do have some plans, but I'm not willing to share them with you, Hirata. Since you are one of the students who always tries to get in my way, revealing it to you would be a little weird, wouldn't it?"