𓆉 𝚃𝚆𝙴𝙽𝚃𝚈 𝙴𝙸𝙶𝙷𝚃

Start from the beginning

"When you find out you'll be the one to tell my dad where I'm at. I want to stay here first until the summer break is over, I know you will not understand the reason but please don't tell him." She let her tears flow as she covered her face.

They were both silent and only her sobs could be heard, Jake watched her and then raised his arm to caress her back slowly, wanting to comfort her.

"It's okay, let it all out. I'm just here next to you." He muttered as he awkwardly gazed at his dog that is approaching them. It was as if Layla was also worried about her.

After she cried, she settled down later. Jake invites her to the shoreline along with Layla who want to tag along.

It was late at night, the breeze was blowing to their skin. Waves crashing on the sand. The only thing that gives light to them is the moon, they still see each other effortlessly.

"I go to this place when I want to cool off and when I have a problem, going here really helps." Jake started then sat on the sand not far from her.

"Really?" She asked staring at the ocean as she hugged her legs "Thank you for bringing me, I didn’t think of going here at times when I needed to be alone."

"Do you want to be alone? Then I'll leave you first-

She cuts him off "No, I don't want to be alone here this time and I want to tell you all about my family." She glanced at him "But if you just want to."

"Go on, I want to hear everything."

Flashback: Ahn Minji

I just arrived at our house after I slept over at Yunjin's house. In one hand I held the backpack in which I put my belongings. I threw my car keys on the sofa and then lowered the bag I was holding on the long couch as I looked around.

"Seop? Suga?" I called as I walked towards the kitchen but they weren't there so I went upstairs to my dad's office "Dad?"

I opened the big door and I was surprised not to see his bodyguards in front. When I went inside, my political father was not there either. It seems strange, because he is always there everytime.

But when I turned around I cried out in shock to see a man in the corner, he was laying down and had a puddle of blood around his head.

I shivered in fear and I squint my eyes, beads of sweats forming in my forehead. My heartbeat quickened and then I quickly ran out of the office. I run down the stairs to find my siblings. 

"DAD! SUGA!" I shouted in fear worried that something bad happened to them. "Seop, where are you?!" I twirled around as if I would soon lose consciousness.

When the sight of the man in my father's office came back to my memory, I closed my eyes tightly trying to get it out of my mind. I hope it's just a dream but the truth is its a nightmare.

But I was convinced it was a reality when I heard gunshots from below. The basement.

Even though I was scared I wanted to make sure my family was safe. I can’t afford to lose them in my life. I walked slowly down the stairs to the basement. I saw a wooden plank in my path and I took it with me for self defense.

It was dark in my path when I heard muffled voices, I stopped walking and leaned my shoulder against the wall. I took a deep breath then peeked into the middle where there were lights and people circling something.

"Speak up! Where's the money ?!" I heard my father shout which caused my eyes to widen.

"There's no money with me. You're just wasting time-

The man on his knees was interrupted and my two eyes saw that like the wooden plank I was carrying, my father had beaten the man with it. I was terrified, I can't believe my so -called father can do that.

I was about to approach them, believing that they would stop torturing the poor man when suddenly someone pulled me into a corner.

"Don't try to approach them. This house, one day be will be peaceful too."

It was my stepbrother, whom I called Suga. I want him to say that all this is just a dream because otherwise I might just want to go with my friends to Jeju, until I forget everything.

That's right. My decision is final, I will go with them.

END OF FLASHBACK

"It's unbelievable, isn't it? The kind politician from Seoul is capable of killing someone." She chuckled as she played with the sand below her.

"I'm not surprised by what you said. I expected that from Min Jeonji." Jake replied.

She looked at him curiously "Do you hate him since he won the election?"

"Yes, me and my family hates him. My father is also a politician but when your stepfather beat him to that election he step down. My father knew the lies he was committing against the people."

She sighed "Until now I still can't believe it."

"Why don't you put him in jail when you're a witness to everything?"

"I can't and it's not that easy Jake. He's a sinner but he raised me and my older brother, he gave us everything we needed and he did not harm us in any way."

"And most of all I loved him as my real father."