The Mind Flayer (Part 1)

Start from the beginning

"Let go! No! No! Let me go! Let...go!" He raised his voice some more. "Let me go, (Y/n)! Let me go! (Y/n), please let me go!" I looked away as Bob and I placed our forearms around him to keep him down. "Please!"

"I'm sorry!" Mrs. Byers cried out as she took the syringe from Mike. She uncapped the syringe and looked at me. "(Y/n), lift his sleeve up!"

I nodded at her, as Will kept screaming some more.

Mike kept his hands pressed at his head as he watched everything go down. "Let me go!!" Will shrieked, and then as soon as Mrs. Byers pressed down on the syringe, Will's voice trailed off.

His head dropped on my arm.

The door was thrown wide opened and we all looked up to see Hopper and Dr. Owens standing there, panting. They saw Will knocked out, but didn't ask questions.

We heard the monsters growling down the hallway quietly, and I looked at Mike worriedly.

I wasn't sure whether or not what to do. In this situation, I was pretty much outnumbered if I wanted to use my abilities against the monsters. I could take down one of them, but who's to say others will distract me by trampling me down?

"We gotta go." Hopper huffed. "We gotta go!"

Hopper got rid of the wires attached to Will, and he picked up Will from us. They grabbed more of the medicine that helped sedated him, and Mike quickly grabbed me to pull me alongside him. We followed the adults out of there.

I could hear people screaming in fear as they witnessed another attack. I felt something stuck in my throat. I felt powerless.

Hopper stopped running with Will as we saw someone getting flung across the hallway. One of the monsters was eating the man who fell in defeat.

I yelped, and Mike kept his arms out around me.

We turned around to hear gunshots, and we all yelped some more. We saw the guards coming towards us, and we took another turn into an empty room.

Dr. Owens closed the door behind us, and we tried to catch our breaths. Hopper laid Will down on the table, and Mrs. Byers went to go check up on him.

"Oh, my god..." Bob said. I had forgotten that he never witnessed anything like this before, and we had brought an outsider in. We all turned around to face the monitors. I placed my hand over my mouth, to see the monsters just dragging lifeless bodies on the ground to other parts of the building.

Some were feeding on their intestines, and I just wanted to gag. I couldn't, I was mortified. We all were. With my free hand, I let it drop down to Mike's and it tapped his. He looked at it, and held it in his. His hand was sweating. Mine was too.

The lights were flickering now, and we all looked up in fear.

In the next second, the power went out.

"Oh, my god." Mrs. Byers whimpered.

All you could hear were the monsters growling as each level of the facilities powered off.

~~~

"You're positive that was Dart?" Lucas asked as the group walked away from the scrapyard safe and sound. It was night time.

"Yes." Dustin said. Lucas and Max were behind him and Steve, trying to reel everything in. "He had the same exact yellow pattern on his butt."

"He was tiny two days ago." Max remembered.

"Well, he's molted three times already." Dustin pointed out.

"Malted?" Steve asked.

"Molted. Shed his skin to make room for growth like hornworms."

They had their flashlights pointed around so they could follow the train tracks back to home and also make sure they weren't being followed.

"When's he gonna molt again?" Max asked.

"It's gotta be soon." Dustin said. "When he does, he'll be fully grown, or close to it, and so will his friends."

"Yeah, and he's gonna eat a lot more than just cats." Steve said.

Dustin was appalled when Steve said that, and had the look of betrayal on his face. "Wait, cat?" Lucas stopped Dustin and turned him around. "Dart ate a cat?"

"No, what?" Dustin shook his head. "N-No."

"What are you talking about?" Steve asked. "He ate Mews."

"Mews?" Max looked up at him. "Who's Mews?"

"It's Dustin and (Y/n)'s cat." Steve shrugged.

"STEVE." Dustin shouted.

"I knew it!" Lucas exclaimed. "You kept him! Wait. Did (Y/n) know? I bet she knew, that traitor!"

"No!" Dustin tried to defend. "Okay, (Y/n) somehow probably knew, but no! No, I..." He couldn't try to defend himself with the look Lucas gave him. "He missed me. He wanted to come home." Dustin had tears forming in his eyes.

"Bullshit!"

"I didn't know he was a Demogorgon, okay?!" Dustin yelled.

"Oh, so now you admit it?!" Lucas asked. "God, when I see your sister-!"

"Hey, she has nothing to do with you!" Dustin argued. "You leave her out of this!"

"Guys, who cares?" Max intervened. "We have to go."

"I care!" Lucas put his foot down. "You put the party in jeopardy! You broke the rule of law!"

"So did you!" Dustin shouted at the top of his lungs. Steve and Max watched them like a tennis match.

"What?"

"You told a stranger the truth!" Dustin angrily shown the flashlight in Max's face. Max was thrown off by the bright light.

"Wha-" Max scoffed, and stepped forward. She was taken aback and felt offended. "A stranger?!"

"You wanted to tell her, too!" Lucas growled.

"Yeah, but I didn't, Lucas, okay?! I didn't tell her! We both broke the rule of law, okay? So we're even. We're even!"

Lucas shook his head. "No, no! We're not even. Don't even try that! Your stupid pet could have ate us for dinner!"

Dustin stomped his foot on the ground. "That was not my fault!" He snarled.

"Guys?" Steve asked.

"He wasn't gonna eat us!"

"Oh, so he was crawling to come say hello?" Lucas asked. "Did you even bother listening to your sister the first time she told you this idea was crazy?!"

They continued to argue until Steve cut through the heart of the conversation. "Guys!" Steve shouted, turning slightly to them. They heard the screeching sound in the distance and followed Steve down the path. Steve held the baseball bat over his shoulder.

Max was panicking as she was left behind. "No, no, no. Hey, guys? Why are you headed towards the sound?" She decided to follow them. "Shit..."

She followed them to the edge of the hill. Lucas had the binoculars pulled out to scan the area. He focused on Hawkins Lab. "It's the Lab..." Lucas muttered. "They were going back home."