Epilogue- Five years before

Sarah/ Catgirl's P.O.V

I run across the rooves of the buildings with Selena and Madison by my side, we've been running around Gotham's west side for a few hours now and Maddie is getting pretty tired since she's only been out doing this stuff for a few months and she's still pretty young being eight years old.

"Cat Woman when should we get going, Panther's getting pretty tired" I state as we come to a stop

"We'll get going in around ten minutes, we'll leave after we've gone around that block there" Selena replies pointing to an abandoned building, we start running once again and climb onto the abandoned building climbing down the fire escape and into the alley beside the building. We all hear something inside the building, both Maddie and I look to Selena to see what we should do. After a moment we see Selena walk inside Maddie and I following behind her. As we walk through the creepy and empty halls we were about settle that a cat or dog pushed something over inside until a bunch of guys come out of the shadows and by the looks of their uniforms we instantly knew who they were.

"What are the Shadows doing Gotham?" I ask confused, the ninja guys don't reply and instead go straight to attacking us. I quickly help Maddie seeing as these guys are professional assassins.

"Catgirl, Panther lets go, now" Selena states. Maddie and I fight off a few more guys and we go to follow Selena with Maddie by my side but next thing I know she's gone, I turn to find one of the Shadows holding her while she is struggling. I instantly tense and go to attack the guy but two more men come and stand in front of them. I quickly take them down and get Maddie away from the Shadows, she manages to get out but I then feel a pinching pain in my neck, I reach my arm up to my neck and pull out some sort of pin. I look at it and realise it has a knock out drug on it. I throw it away as my vision begins to go blurry.

"Catwoman get Panther out of here" I call as my body begins to feel funny and drowsy.

"Not without you" she states, really? The time I really need her to listen to me is the same damn time she's being stubborn. Before I could do anything I started seeing black dots as they took Catwoman down and caught Maddie, I tried to walk towards the men who had Maddie but darkness fully invaded my vision and I blacked out.

*Later*

I wake up sitting in a van tied up with Maddie unconscious resting her head on my shoulder, I look around to find some of the Shadows sitting inside the van with us along with the two in the driver and passenger seat. I look out the almost fully black tinted windows to still find that we're in Gotham, thank god I think.

"Panther, Panther, wakeup" I state trying to wake Maddie up by moving my shoulder, she begins to grunt and then slowly wakes up, her eyes widen when she sees where we are. Next thing I see is one of the Shadows inject something in Maddie's arm. She begins to shake in pain and she screams.

"Maddie look at me, just concentrate on me" I continue to say soothing words as I see what happens to her. I try to stay calm as I see cat ears sprout from her head and a tail begins to come and circle around her hip.

"The test was a success" the guy who injected her said in a com link, that bastard, he does a test on a eight year old girl in a van that is being driven through Gotham in the morning, how dumb are these idiots? Since my hands are tied behind my back and these dumbasses were stupid enough to leave our gloves on I used the retractable claws to cut through the zip ties around my wrists, I turn my head to see if Maddie has cut herself free yet only to see sharp and real silver claws. After a few minutes Maddie managed to untie herself without catching anyone's attention. I look at her and mouth one, two, three and on three we stood up and took out all the guys. I quickly push her out of the van while holding the Shadows back.

"Take this and run, now" I order quickly taking off my glove where a com-link was and handed it to her because if she got away she could contact Selena or the team with it when she was away from here.

"What about you?" she asks looking at the com link

"I'm right behind you" I state reassuring her with a small smile but that was a lie, I'm gonna keep these guys preoccupied so she gets as far away from here as possible then try to get away. After around five minutes I was sure Maddie got away and I had taken the shadows down and they were all lying down in a pile in the back of the van. I quickly jump out and walk into an alleyway to sneak away without getting any weird looks since it is around eight in the morning from the looks of it. But as I made it to the shadows someone grabs my shoulders and pulls me further into the alleyway. I struggle out of their arms, I turn around to find Cheshire standing before me.

"What is it with the shadows wanting to kidnap me?" I ask, Cheshire just stands there for a moment before running towards me with her set of sais, she charges towards me and I go to round house kick her face but she slides across the ground and I see her take something out of one of her pockets, next thing I know I feel a pinching feeling in my calf. I look down to see a small needle sticking out of my leg.

"Not again" I groan in annoyance before I black out falling to the ground, hopefully Cheshire didn't get Maddie.

*Later*

I wake up feeling groggy and like shit, I go to rub my face in my hands to try and wake myself up but I find that my arms are tied down, I open my eyes to see I'm in a dark room with my arms tied down to the chair I'm sitting on.

"Ah young Catgirl is awake" a masculine voice says from in the shadows, I squint in through my eyelids to see them better but to no avail. The man walks out of the shadows and into the natural light that's crept through the roof to reveal Ra's al Ghul standing before me, the Ra's al Ghoul, the man who's the leader of the League of Shadows. Makes sense with Cheshire kidnapping me and all.

"What am I doing here?" I ask

"That's for me to know and for you to find out my dear, prepare her for her tests" Ra's orders and a bunch of people walks through a door with a bunch of equipment, I feel a pain in my arm once again and I look to see someone sticking a needle in my arm, I try to move but I begin to fall back asleep.

"Welcome to the Shadows..... Catgirl" I hear Ra's muffled voice say and I'm gone.