Ch. 5

❝ ɪ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ! ❞

Just one night. Before he sets his plan into action.

~~~~

Y/n awoke groggily to the pale moonlight washing the room, engulfing it in silver. The night was cold again, the air itself being frigid.

The boy discarded his covers, getting down lightly from his bed and creeping towards the bedroom door.

The door creaked open and Y/n slipped out, making his way down the hall to the laundry room. There, under the bags upon bags of covers was his rope. He had always been assigned to laundry duty so making one was no problem.

Removing the bags, he pulled out the soft rope, adding the final touch. A heavy rock tied to one end, a necessary safety measure for him to secure the end of the rope.

Feeling satisfied, Y/n grabbed the rope and stuffed it under his shirt (not taking any chances) and made his way back to his bed, where he had packed some clothes, food and a butter knife.

It wasn't much but it was all he had.

He made sure he had the two bracelets securely around his wrist before going over to the window, where the crow stood silently.

They had sort of become a weird pair of friends, Y/n supposed. Whenever he would go to the woods to scout out whatever information he could gather, the crow would always be there, perched on his shoulder or on a nearby branch.

The boy supposed he was grateful for the company as well, it was lonely from time to time. He felt burdened by guilt but also couldn't share his feelings with anyone. At night, sometimes when his own thoughts became too overbearing to listen to on his own, he'd go to the window and the crow would always be there, ready to listen.

"Y/n...? Is that you?" A voice slurred with sleep suddenly spoke out, electrifying the silence. Y/n jumped, dropping his backpack with a thud. He turned around, only to see a sleepy Ray barely awake, rubbing his eyes.

Y/N's breath caught in his throat. He thought he had been caught. Ray continued to rub his eyes, slowly sitting up. Y/n panicked.

"Shh, Ray. Go back to sleep." Y/n quickly went off, steering the boy back into his warm covers. He hadn't really talked to Ray that much, knowing that the bookworm perferred to keep to himself.

Ray grumbled as he lay back down, subconsciously burying himself in the inviting warmth of his bed.

"Where are you... Going..." He continued, keeping a drowsy eye open. Y/n sighed, running his hand through his hair.

"Somewhere." He wasn't lying. He really didn't know where he was going either. Ray was understandably skeptical. "It's early, go back to sleep, Ray."

The smaller boy childishly shook his head.