Ch. 2

❝ ɪ'ʟʟ ɴᴇᴠᴇʀ ғᴏʀɢɪᴠᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ɴᴏ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ ᴡʜᴀᴛ! ❞

"Please don't go, I'll never see you again

"Please don't go, I'll never see you again."

~~~~

Y/n took a deep breath, steeling his nerves as he clung to the edge of the House, precariously balancing on the edge as he scaled his way down. 

He had snuck out, not long after Elira bid her goodbyes with the rest of his siblings.

The feeling of despair and anxiety just wouldn't leave Y/n. It kept clawing at him, tormenting him with the constant jittery feeling that he just had to sneak out and make sure Elira was safe. 

Better safe then sorry.

His siblings had all gone to bed and Isabella hadn't returned yet, meaning that Elira probably hadn't gone off with her new parents yet. Y/n knew he had to be quick if he wants to see Elira off without being too late. 

With a soft thud, Y/n jumped down to the grass, wincing at the sharp pain on his knee. He had barely managed to get the wound to stop bleeding before he had to redress the wound and sneak out. The dressing on his knee was still stained bloody red,  however, Y/n had quickly changed his pants so they weren't also stained with blood. 

The feeling of the cool grass under his feet as he raced downhill towards the wall with the big gate did nothing to calm Y/n. In fact, it heightened his fear. Each prick of the chilled grass reminded him of his objective.

He was out of breath before he reached the bottom of the hill, cold sweat dampening his night shirt. 

Slowing his pace to hide his footsteps, Y/n couldn't stop the trembling of his hands as the big, red bricked wall loomed into view.

However, unlike during the day, it was now illuminated with a warm yellow glow, the thick iron bars aged with rust now drawn to allow passage. Two shadowy figures were walking calmly into the gates, a cold breeze carried sweet humming to Y/n's ears. 

It was the same lullaby Isabella sang to the children at the orphanage whenever they couldn't sleep. 

Y/n's heart was thumping so hard he was surprised the two figures hadn't heard him yet, he could basically feel it jump out of his throat.

He swallowed any remaining doubts he had and crept closer to the tunnel, hiding behind small trees and bushes. 

~~~~

He was finally close enough to see the two figures clearly - they were unmistakably Elira and Isabella. 

Isabella turned to Elira, motioning for her to stop as Isabella walked into a room to the side of the tunnel, closing the door. The tunnel immediately dimmed, with nothing to light it up except the muffled lantern behind the now closed door.