Zinniapool just stared blankly, her eyes slowly tracing over every inch of the replicated version of herself, her eyes widening as she noticed the faint x-markings covering her body, as if an invisible claw was slowly engraving them within her mirrored-self's skin.

The medicine cat backed away slowly, looking around in search of her sister who was gone, not even her scent lingering.

Once Zinniapool allowed her eyes to rest on herself once more, she felt dread crawl over every inch of her body, the fur on her back rising swiftly as her jaw dropped.

The deepest crimson blood began to fall from each corner of her mirrored-version's eyes, then her ears and eventually blood began to slowly drip from her jaw which was barely agape. She didn't miss the way her teeth were entirely stained vermillion.

"Zinniapool, snap out of it!"

Zinniapool jumped back, looking around frantically, however her bloodied replica was gone and replaced with a worried Elysianlily, her amber eyes bearing into her own.

"Did you have another episode?"

"Yeah. Just another episode." She murmured, her eyes looking around aimlessly until they landed on her paws, ignoring the concerned looks her sister was giving her until she just pushed past her and headed home. Luckily, the brindled feline didn't question her and allowed them to go in silence, but this time, it was far from comfortable.

~~~

"You said I would be okay! You said it was a gift! If you're so wise, then explain to me why I keep seeing it? Why I can't escape it? Why I can feel her— me— everywhere!" Zinniapool vented, pacing back and fourth frantically.

"I can't explain anything to you in this state, so if you want my help, you need to calm down." Genesis explained, his tone a complete contrast of her own as he remained seated and composed, a quiet Revel sitting beside him as he looked back and fourth between the two.

"Okay. Okay." She whispered, slowing down as she tried to collect herself, however she couldn't get the image out of her head, she couldn't even escape the feeling of it. It was like it lingered, breathing over her shoulder, dancing around her mind tauntingly.

"Breathe, Zinniapool. Count if you need to, take in five different things from your surroundings. Close your eyes and indulge in your senses. Set your focus elsewhere. We are in control of our own minds, you just have to try." The tabby explained, the comforting edge of his voice finally coming through to her as she listened, letting her eyelids flutter shut as she took in the smells of the world around her and let her claws flex in the soft grass beneath her, exhaling as a gentle gale pressed against her fur before she finally opened her amber eyes which were much more collected now.

"Thank you, that... helped."

"It always does, you just have to learn how to take control of your mind, even when it feels impossible. Now, tell me what's going on. What has you so shaken?"

"Everything, Genesis! My own ancestors think I'm going to be the demise of everything by what it seems!" She blurted, her eyes flickering from each of his own, almost as if she was challenging him to understand that. He didn't seem phased.

"Why do you think that?"

"That night we talked, I was visited by an old medicine cat, a spirit from StarClan. She wasn't even supposed to be there, but she said she had to warn me. StarClan fears whatever gift I have! She said something bad was going to happen to me. She said I had to conceal it and no matter how hard she tried to convince them, they still believe this ability I possess is something dark. They are scared of it. Of me."