0

Was it unusual to ponder about the lives of other creatures?

Surely, you'd have thought of it at least once or twice. Hearing stories and tales about the kind of life the people above lived, it wasn't very far off to pique their curiosity.

That was the case for most of them.

The people of the ocean.

- - -

"...Will it kill ya to stop whinin' every minute?!"

Mammon yells. Leviathan huffed, plopping down onto a flat rock. His tail made a loud sound as it slapped the surface.

The endlessly babbling male was none other than the Grand Admiral of the Ocean's Navy, who was now pathetically whining to his brothers non-stop.

"I'm basically useless now... It's too...peaceful." Leviathan shivers. Asmodeus holds back a laugh. "What, so you want us to go to war? You should be thankful it isn't so stressful for us."

"It's better for me than just floating around here doing nothing. I belong to the sea's reject pile. Just the fact that I exist brings shame to this place. I don't even deserve to hold a place among royals–"

"Slow down, pal." Mammon grimaced, knowing damn well that was the start to another one of his spiels. "Better to have nothin' to do than be like Lucifer though!"

"I barely see him nowadays. I wonder if he's overworking himself again." Asmodeus ponders to himself, admiring the beautiful shine of his tail. "Hm... Should I pay a visit to Solomon today...?"

"Solomon the Sea Sorcerer?" Satan inquired. The champagne-haired male rolled his eyes. "Who else?"

"You tell me. I've been hiding from him since whenever he sees me, he uses me as a stress reliever..." Mammon shudders at the memory. Belphegor sighed. "You think you have it bad? Lucifer banned me from resurfacing because he was too paranoid."

"It's not just you, ya know? He practically banned everyone from resurfacing because some idiot thought it would be fun to take a peek at daytime and get seen!"

Deadpanned gazes were soon directed at the youngest, who merely hummed in an ignorant manner. He sighed. "What a shame..."

"Well, you know what they say." Beelzebub cut in. "I'm sure Lucifer was just worried any of us would get caught by humans..."

"I'm not that stupid." Belphegor retorted. Beelzebub shook his head with a frown. "But Lucifer and Diavolo did say not to get seen by humans."