Chapter 10

Sarah Ann

Over the course of several days , Sarah Ann has been staying busy with trying to get the kids enrolled in school. Needles wanted to send them to private school but ultimately he understood Sarah Ann's position and agreed with public school. Plus she hasn't decided if she wants to keep her job after everything that has happened. She really wanted to bake. Which actually was her passion. But she wasn't sure.

Needles hasn't told Brittany about his new family dynamic and Sarah Ann was starting to get worried. She didn't know how off Brittany would be if she found out. So she told her kids not to call Needles "daddy" as of yet. At least not unless they were all alone.

The kids understood and both agreed but secretly very upset.

CoralAnne had taken her neice and nephew to play with their cousins for the day. Which was a chance to relax.

"Hey baby momma." Needles said to her as she was sunbathing out on the back deck.

"Hey." She smiled at him.

"What are your plans for today?"

"Nothing really. CoralAnne has the kids. So I am catching up on some me time. Why?"

"I would like to take you somewhere, if that's ok?"

"You do huh?"

"Yeah so get dressed. Oh and dress in some of your cowgirl clothes."

He turned to leave and Sarah Ann just sat there stunned. Why did he want that? She hasn't worn those in a very long time.

She got up and went to her room. She looked at some of the clothes in the closet and all the way on the back, was her jeans, boots, flannel, and hat. She grabbed a tank for an under shirt and made sure her makeup was done minimal.

Grabbing her wallet she placed it in her back left pocket and her phone in the back right. She made her way downstairs and saw Brittany talking with Needles. Sarah Ann didn't want to intrude on the conversation. But she knew Needles wasn't having it.

"Hey gorgeous." Ice said to her. "Haven't seen you in this get up in a long time. Must say it looks good on you."

"Thanks bub."

Just then Needles shows up next to her. "Ready?"

"Yeah."

He held the door for her but never touched her. And Sarah Ann was clearly missing his touch.

They got into a truck that she didn't recognize and started driving away. He was silent and still didn't even take the chance to hold her hand.

"Rowan, where are we going?"

No answer.

She could tell that he was in world of his own. And she hated it. Whatever Brittany said to him clearly set him in a mood that he clams up.

"Rowan please just talk to me. I can't stand this silent treatment. Not from you."

He took a deep breath and held it for a bit before letting it out. But when he did he reached over and grabbed her hand. You could see the tension leave and his muscles relax.

"Feel better?" She asked.

"Yes and no."

Ok he spoke. We are starting to get somewhere. Wonder how far I can get him to talk to me.

"Want to talk about it?"

"Don't know how."

"Well usually one would start speaking words."