PUBLISHING THE STORY

This book collects all my tips on how to write a story on Wattpad. I am not an expert but I believe I have enough experience to help authors who are struggling.

If you need support, join the community I have made for authors on Wattpad, you can find the related book on my page. You will not regret it!

Forgive me for any mistakes, the important is that you understand.

The first thing when creating a story on Wattpad is to have a story in mind. You don't need to know all the details, many will form as the story progresses, but having a clear idea of what happens is an essential first step.

This is the page you see when you start a story on Wattpad. I will take care of the essentials points you need to know.

 I will take care of the essentials points you need to know

TITLE

Let's think about the title first. There are many generators online but the title comes out better if it is original. It must be consistent with the story!

For example, my story is called Burial At Sea, which is a nautical term that refers to the burial ceremonies in the sea for navy soldiers. The title sounds good, doesn't it?

- One thing I strongly recommend is to avoid writing things like "Ongoing story" "English version" "Discontinued" and other unnecessary things in the title. It ruins its aesthetics; leave the title as it is. If you want to add more, do so in notes.

- Another thing is to avoid long titles. If you want to say it's part of a series, that's fine, you can also put the series title at the beginning of the description. The title must be visible, if it is too long, the reader will not even bother to check what it says!

- As for the fonts, they are very pretty, but use one that is readable, and avoid fonts in very complicated italics or with strange symbols, use them rather within the story.

- No symbols, they take up space and divert attention from the title, plus it looks like a kid with little writing experience wrote it. If you really want to put a symbol, use it rather within the story. You would not, for example, have found the symbol of harry potter's scar or of his glasses in the title if the story had been posted on wattpad.

Let's make a try, shall we?

So the title for this example story is "Rainfall"