16. A Lost Skywalker

3 Years Later

Aris's POV

"Mom...no..." 

"Mom...don't leave me..."

"Come on Mom, wake up. WAKE UP! PLEASE!"

I snap awake, wiping tears off my eyes.

It was just a dream. My mother had died to Tusken Raiders, and I could do nothing about it.

I walk out of my room to meet Anakin. He looks drowsy as well, as if he had a nightmare like me.

"Couldn't sleep well?" I ask him with a yawn.

He nods.

"Well, I couldn't either," I say.

"Should we ask Obi-Wan?" Anakin asks.

I nod, agreeing.

//////////////////////////

"Master, Anakin and I have been having dreams about..." I say as I walk up to Obi-Wan.

"Our mother," Anakin finishes.

"About what?" Obi-Wan asks.

"She...died," Anakin says.

"Some dreams are just dreams, Anakin. Do not let them cloud your judgement," Obi-Wan says.

"But-" I protest.

"Aris," Anakin shoots a "Don't continue this" look.

I sigh and glare at Anakin.

///////////////////

The days pass by slowly, but the dreams do not stop. They feel so real, getting worse and worse every night.

One night, I snap awake again, and placed a hand to my face. Sticky, as if I was crying. 

Not again...

I cannot take this much longer. If Anakin isn't going to do anything about this, I will.

I pick up my lightsabers and attach them to my belt.

Sneaking out of my room, I creep towards the exit. Some Temple Guards are there. Passing behind them quietly, I make a dash for a nearby ship, my heart pounding with every step I made. Luckily,  the guards do not notice me, and I sneak into the ship without a problem.

Switching on the controls, turning the engine on... it feels so familiar, like...

Home.

There is no time to waste. The engine makes a loud sound, alerting the guards.

HURRY UP!

The guards come running over to the ship.

HURRY , YOU STUPID BUCKET OF BOLTS!

The ship finally lifts off into the air, and I glide out of Coruscant into space.

Time to make the jump to hyperspace.

I punch in the coordinates for my home desert planet and pull the lever.

///////////////////

After a while, I jump out of hyperspace and Tatooine comes into view.

My home.

I cruise down to the surface of the planet and land near Mos Espa, the place where I grew up as a slave. The cliff where I had almost fallen to my death comes into view. I look away, trying not to recall that night.

I walk out of the ship as a gust of chilly wind greets me. I am already used to the temperature, so it feels normal. Running into Mos Espa, I look around for Watto's junk shop. The familiar sandstone building is now slightly worn out from the sandstorms. The streets are empty.