5.Kidnapping and Negotiations

Anakin's POV

It is in the dark of night. I toss and turn around in my bed, unable to sleep. Something about this night feels off. I stand up from my bed and head to Aris's room. 

To my surprise, Aris is awake too.

"Hey, bro. Looks like you can't sleep, like me, huh?" Aris says.

"Yea, something just doesn't feel right."

"I think it's just the heat. It's quite hot tonight. Don't worry about it," Aris replies. 

I head back to my room and try to sleep again, but to no avail. I look up at the cracked ceiling and sigh. It's gonna be a long night.

/////////////////////////

Aris's POV

After Anakin leaves my room, I lie back down onto my bed, unable to sleep. Anakin is right. Something does feel wrong. I just don't know what it is.

I tap my foot on my bed, trying to fall asleep.

My ears pick up the sound of footsteps. It doesn't sound like Mom. These footsteps are heavy. I can see the shadows of two aliens walking into the house. 

I hold my breath. I don't want them to hear me. Why are these people here?

I can't hold my breath any longer. I exhale deeply, taking deep breaths. Oh no. The aliens' shadows stop. They turn towards my room. They walk in.

I hide in the shadows in the corner of my room. I try to breathe as quietly as possible. The aliens come into view. One of them is familiar. That blue alien scum called Cad Bane. I let out a small gasp and Bane looks at my direction. I can see the guns strapped to his belt.

A searing pain shoots through my shoulder. I rub the place where the bullet hit me a few nights ago. Cad Bane takes out his guns and holds them in both hands. I don't want to fight them. 

I can also see a green Rodian. (Its not Greedo BTW) He is holding a blaster but does not look as fearsome as Cad Bane. 

I scan around desperately for an escape route. There is none in sight. I cannot hide forever. I have no choice but to fight them.

"Hey, sleemo," I say to Cad Bane.

I raise my fists, ready to defend myself.

Bane stares at me. "So you survived the cliff, huh?"

"Surprised?"

"Not really."

I decide to make a run for it. I dash out of the door, but the Rodian is too quick. He hurls a bunch of cables at me and they coil around my body. I struggle, trying to free myself from the cables.

A shock spreads through my body. I feel like I am being cooked alive. I scream at the top of my lungs, only to be gagged by Cad Bane. I struggle again, only to be electrocouted again. Tears run down my face from the pain of the shock. Yep. This is officially the worst week of my life.

In my mind, I beg for Anakin to help me. I hope he hears my plea for help. Guns are pointed to my head.

"Well, well, well. Looks like someone survived the cliff," Cad Bane says with a smirk.

I want to lash out at him, but I don't want to get electrocouted again. Seeing my expression, he lets out a small laugh. Then, he punches my head.

I grunt in pain as I fall to the floor.

And my world goes black.

///////////////////

Anakin's POV