Another Chase, Another Group

Start from the beginning

Teresa turned around and saw the Cranks. "They're still coming!" 

The screams of anger drew closer as the Cranks were becoming colour-visible in the light that was stretching in. 

"What do we do? What do we do? What do we do?" Chuck panicked.

Aris peered around. Then he saw a solution. "Up there! Hurry!" 

They followed him up on some stone rubble that led up towards a collapsed building right between a  canyon. It was quite a climb but they had to be careful which rocks to climb up. Edward looked behind and saw some Cranks toppling over the edge but the others saw them and roared and pursed. "Quickly! Quickly!" 

He stayed at the back so he could help Chuck climb up in front of him. Brenda was once again at the front much to Teresa's chagrin. They climbed up the rocks but the Cranks were quite fast climbers. They made it to the bottom of the tilted building and squeezed through a tight space between some massive bounders. They climbed up avoiding the giant glass panels, cracked and fragile, prone to break if anything fell on them. 

Chuck struggled to climb up a steep slab of rock; he slipped. 

"Chuck!" Edward caught him by the hand. "I've got you!"

Teresa looked down at them. "Guys behind you!"

Two Cranks were closing up at the two boys far behind everyone else. 

Brenda saw an old fridge. "Duck guys!"

Edward looked up and saw her kick a bridge. Quickly he hugged Chuck and he ducked his head. The fridge rumbled over them and crashed into the Cranks saving them. The monsters crashed through a window pane. But more Cranks kept coming. 

"Edward!" Teresa cried, reaching down her hand. 

"Chuck! I'm gonna push you up okay?" Edward did his best to sound motivating. 

Chuck nodded.

He climbed up a bit and Edward pushed him up from behind and he grabbed Aris and Teresa's outstretched hands. They pulled him then they reached down and heaved Edward up. Brenda led them up levels of cranky stairs with broken rails. Edward peered down and saw the Cranks leap up level by level. 

"Are you kidding me?" he cursed.

"That is so unpredictable," Aris screamed out. Suddenly a Crank landed right next to him on the rail. It bit but he fell back. Quickly Edward kicked it in the stomach and it fell to the bottom.

"Thanks," Aris quickly thanked. They managed to run faster, their adrenaline pumping their bodies harder, when Brenda turned a corner, grabbed a rail to get up a steep step when it broke and she fell through a door on the floor and she fell right not the room behind it.

"Brenda!" Edward cried. He and the other looked through and watched her land against a floor of windows, cracking it slightly. 

"Are you okay?"

Brenda moved slowly. "Yeah," she panted. 

Edward could just distantly hear the Cranks far below; they were not giving up. "Okay, you three stay here. I'm gonna get Brenda,"

"What no! You can't get her by yourself," Teresa rebuffed.

"If more than one of us comes down we could all get killed. That glass won't hold us all. I'll be fine," Edward said. "If the Cranks come, leave without us," 

He carefully stepped down towards Brenda and began to slide his way door against the metal surface. "Just hang on Brenda. I'm coming down," He watched Brenda as she pressed her hand against the glass pane. It cracked. "No Brenda! Don't move! Don't move!"