Another Chase, Another Group

Start from the beginning

"Oh right. Your memories were taken away,"

"I do remember some things. I remember my mother and how she used to hold me and my brother. And my real name isn't Edward. It's Daniel,"

"It's hard for WICKED to take away your real identity," Brenda said. "It's like they expect you to forget everything about your old life,"

"What happened to your brother? Is he not with Jorge?"

Brenda sighed sadly. "I don't where he is. WICKED wanted him for their experiments. They took him away," a tear fell down her cheek. "They didn't even let me say goodbye," she sniffled. 

Edward immediately regretted asking that question. "I'm so sorry. I can't imagine if I was taken from my brother,"

Brenda shed a tear of happiness. "You guys are so lucky that you got stuck together," 

 "Don't give up. He could still be alive. Maybe the Right Arm might have rescued him," Edward tried to keep her spirits high but it was having little success. 

"I admire how you try to remain strong Ed but there are times when you can't keep people's spirits motivated all the time," Brenda said regrettably. 

"It doesn't hurt to try. What's his name?"

Brenda smiled a little with wet eyes. "George,"

The moment she said 'George', Edward instantly felt the weight of guilt crashing down on his shoulders again. All the positive energy inside him cracked like thin useless glass and he felt all the words that he had spoken to Brenda crushing his mind as if to hurt him on purpose. 

Brenda noticed how unsettled he was feeling. "You know him?"

Edward couldn't speak. He couldn't tell her that her brother was dead and buried in the Glade where he had seen his grave and learnt how his creations killed him. He kept silent but he felt the pressure of Brenda's eyes burning his vision. Before he could even speak a single word, the screams of Teresa rung their eardrums. 

They turned and saw Teresa sprinting towards them down the dark tunnel. Aris and Chuck stood up too. 

"Cranks!" she shouted. "Cranks!" 

"Ranks?" Edward misheard.

"No! Cranks!" Chuck screamed. 

Edward was alarmed to see numbers of Cranks right behind Teresa. They were savage and hungry for human flesh. "Everyone run!"

They sprinted down the passageway. Chuck wasn't as fast so Edward kept a firm grip on his hand keeping him at the pace. The Cranks gained at them at a tremendous speed. They tried to gain speed but lack of food slowed them and so did tiredness. 

Edward felt like he would collapse at any moment. Running underground with no edible necessities was nothing like running in a maze. Just when he felt he was going to collapse and die from stampeding savage Cranks, he saw hope ahead. "Look ahead light!"

Ahead of them, they saw powerful streams of light stretching out into the tunnel, lighting up the way as if to draw them to its safety. 

"Come on! We can 

"Woah! Woah!" Edward quickly grabbed Brenda and pulled her back before she could fall. She clasped onto her arm afraid of letting go. She looked into her rescuer's eyes. "Thank you," she breathed, still freaked out from nearly falling.

"You're welcome," he answered looking at her. He let go feeling unexpectantly awkward. 

Teresa nearby looked at them with a hard stare. Edward didn't notice but Brenda did and just glared back. They looked out and they saw above the dried-out ravine of rocky debris, they could see two buildings fallen against one another.