chapter six

"yeah, what's up?" i replied.

"i've been getting a lot of hate on social media ever since we started hanging out," walker sighed. "it's weird because i normally don't get hate."

"i've also been getting hate from my own school, everyone basically hates me now." i said, sighing.

"look y/n, i think you're generally a good person and i love hanging out with you. but maybe we should just cut off all contacts for a little bit?"

my heart stopped for a few seconds or so. cutting off all contacts? is he full of himself?

"you're going to have to elaborate, walker."

"like just not be active with each other for a while. and not be seen in public."

my thoughts were all gone "if you really want this then, yeah, of course."

"thank you for understanding, y/n. i'll see you next time."

without any further, he hung up. just like that, we are "cutting off all contacts" from each other. wasn't he the one who got out of his car to get my number? i sound werid saying that. sounding like as if i am desperate and always need to be with walker. but i'm not, i'm just so confused.

seriously though? he's making it sound as if we were dating, we've only known each other for a couple of days!

i placed my phone on my bed, still in shock of what happened.

i mean, i guess i'm back to my normal schedule. wake up, school, eat, sleep, and repeat.

suddenly, my phone was ringing. and it was from the wooden hoe group chat.

on call..

nick: what do you want bro.

helena: yeah, dude i was studying.

ricky: i'm concerned about y/n.

nick: not this shit again bruh.

leslie: ok simp, why do you care about her so much.

ricky: bro i'm not a simp, it's just that she hasn't been online much and is just trying to "avoid" us?

helena: nah your just mad she said you were full of shit yesterday.

ricky: fuck off helena.

brad: you do realize she could just join the call right this instance, right?

ricky: yeah i know, but can we just talk abo-

whosy/n joined the voice call

brad: wow, perfect timing!

y/n: hey guys, did i interrupt something?

nick: nope, not at all.

helena: you're good!

y/n: hey, um, do you guys mind if i tell you something?

i feel like i shouldn't tell them about what happened between walker and i, but they were my friends. and friends tell everything to each other, right?...

leslie: sure, what's up?

y/n: so, walker and i-

ricky: not walker, again.

nick: bro shut up, let her finish.

y/n: thank you nick. as i was saying, we were on call and he told me that he's been getting a lot of hate on social media ever since we started hanging out. and said that we should cut off all contacts from each other.

helena: you've got to be kidding me with this boy..

nick: alright, so do you know his address?

brad: ignore nick, but i'm sorry that happened, y/n/n. you deserve better.

y/n: it's fine. it was lowkey surprising that this happened all of the sudden, though.

ricky: you know how celebrity kids are, they just can't deal with the hate that they've been getting and decide to just drop you and pick someone else that's famous to date.

y/n: ricky, it's fine. i'm sure it's just going to be a short break.

ricky: no! you don't understand, y/n. he came up to you last week and decided to ask for your phone number, and he didn't even tell you why. he could be leading you on! what if this all is just a trick? he probably doesn't even like you. if he did, then he wouldn't have dropped you after a couple of days.

leslie: ricky, just calm down. it's not that big of a big deal, walker is a nice guy. i'm sure he knows what he's doing.

ricky: y/n, i've known you longer than walker did. i know all the things that have happened to you. we've been through so much to the point i know when something is wrong, and this? this is definitely wrong. it's so obvious that you need to move on and find someone that actually loves you.

y/n: ... i'll think about it.

whosy/n left the call

i sighed and looked out my bedroom window, what has gotten into ricky? i have that tingly feeling that he might have a thing for me. but i'm not so sure, and i don't want to just assume just because of the way he's acting.

rrrriiiiinnnnggggg!!!

shay was calling me, please let this be good news..

"hey! momona was wondering if you wanted to hang out with us tomorrow at downtown vancouver! wanna join?" shay asked.

"sounds fun! i'm definitely going to come." i replied.

"alrighty! mo said she'll pick you up, and i'll wait for you guys there."

i heard someone yelling something like "shay we got to go! don't want to be late!" at her.

"alright alright i'm coming! sorry y/n/n, it sounds like i have to go, i'll talk to you later though!"

"okay, bye shay!"

i haven't met momona before, but i'm sure she's a great person considering she wants to hang out with me.

it's getting pretty late and i do want to try to fix my sleeping schedule. i'll call it a day and get ready for bed.

nick's pov
at this point, i don't even think that ricky is trying to hide that he likes y/n. not like liking someone as a friend, but more than that. he's making it so obvious.

"dude, you so like y/n." i said.

"i don't, i just care a lot about her, that's all!" he replied.

"come on, i don't know why you are still faking it. it's so obvious."

"okay, fine! i like y/n! not like, but love! i've always loved her, ever since we met. are you happy now?"

i don't make a sound nor a movement. i just need a couple of seconds to comprehend everything before i say anything.

"yes, that makes me happy to know. thank you so much, ricky." i say, enthusiastically.

"shut up, you better not tell anyone."

"don't worry, i won't."

a/n
hellooo!! my apologies for not updating in what seems like years. i just couldn't fit writing in my crazy schedule. i'm trying my best to write!

short chapter this time, but a lot of things happened.
more things will happen in the next chapter, so stay tuned for that!

thank you for still believing that this book will update even if you waited for weeks and weeks. you all will get a treat for being so patient and supporting. i love you all and i'll see you next time! <33