Chapter 20

Okay, let me start by saying that I'm aware that Superman and Lois takes place on a different Earth than Earth Prime, but honestly, that does make a lot of sense to me and it answers a lot of questions, like the new suit, new fortress, no mention of Argo, etc., but I also believe that if it weren't for COVID, there is a good chance Superman and Lois would've taken place on Earth Prime, but what can you do about it. However, since I've already established it in my series, this version of Superman and Lois does take place on Earth Prime with the others. Now on with the story.

"I'm sorry, what did you just say?" Lana asked, thinking that she'd misheard what her father had just told her as he and her mother were visiting her in the hospital.

"I said that you're not human and neither are we and we never have been." her father Thomas said.

"Is this some kind of joke? Because it's not funny." Lana said.

"No Lana, it's the truth." her mother Carol said.

"That can't be true. If we were aliens, wouldn't all the doctors appointments I've had over the years have noticed it?" Lana asked.

"Normally yes, but we took some precautions to keep you safe. It's complicated. But it appears that whatever happened to you in the mines undid those precautions and caused your true alien genetics to resurface." Thomas said.

"Okay, this is all getting very, very confusing." Lana said, trying desperately to try and find a way to deny it, but honestly, that was the only way to explain how she'd survived the mine collapse without so much as a scratch on her.

"So, I'm actually an alien?" Lana asked, reluctantly accepting it as the truth.

"Kryptonian to be exact." Thomas said.

"Wait, Kryptonian. Like the same species as Superman?" Lana asked.

"Yes." Carol said, deciding to let Clark be the one to tell her about him being Superman, since that was his secret to tell.

"Why didn't you tell me?" Lana demanded.

"Because we wanted you to live a normal life. One where you wouldn't draw attention." Thomas said.

"So instead, you lied to me my whole life about who I am and who you both are and I don't even want to know what the hell it is you did to me, I just want to know one thing. Were you ever going to tell me?" Lana asked and she could tell from the looks on her parents' faces that the answer was no.

"Lana, you were safer not knowing the truth. If anyone found out who you were, it would put you in grave danger. My own brother allied with one of Superman's greatest enemies. That's part of why we came to Earth in the first place. To escape the punishment his actions would bring on our house." Thomas said.

"I had a right to know. A right to choose whether I wanted powers or not. But you took that from me. But will I get powers now?" Lana asked.

"You've already started developing them." her father said and Lana nodded, since that was true.

However, before she could respond, they heard a knock on the door and saw Clark standing in the doorway.

"Is now a bad time?" Clark asked, since while he knew that Lana's parents had told her the truth, he wanted to tell her the truth about him. Especially since he'd already talked it over with Lois and she was all for it and so were the boys. Especially Jordan since it meant that he might not need to keep secrets from Sarah after all.

"No, of course not Clark. In fact, my parents were just leaving." Lana said, giving her parents a look that clearly meant beat it, since she was pissed at them.

Her parents quickly took the hint and left, wondering how they were going to make things right with their daughter and also hoped that she'd take Clark's confession better.

"So, did you hear any of that?" Lana asked.

"You mean the fact that you're a kryptonian? Yeah, I heard." Clark said with a chuckle.

"And you're not freaking out?" Lana asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I'd be a hypocrite if I did." Clark said.

"What are you talking about?" Lana asked, only for Clark to remove his glasses and open his shirt to reveal the superman suit beneath it.

"You're Superman." Lana said.

"Yes I am Lana, I've wanted to tell you for a long time." Clark said.

"Clark, before we go any further, I need to know, did you know the truth about me?" Lana asked him.

"Not until today after I rescued you from the mines and I got suspicious when I saw you didn't have a scratch on you." Clark said.

"Then I can forgive you for lying to me, since honestly, compared to the secret my parents were keeping, I can understand why you'd keep your identity a secret. But maybe now you can fill me in?" Lana asked and Clark smiled as he closed his shirt back up and put his glasses back on.

"We'll do that after you get out of the hospital. But I can tell you now that I promise I will teach you to control your powers when they start showing up. And I'd like your permission to take some DNA samples from Sarah and Sophie to see if there's any chance that they might inherit Kryptonian powers." Clark said..

"Do it. But I'm gonna need to tell them aren't I?" Lana said.

"It's your choice, but I recommend it. Jonathan and Jordan have known the truth about me for years, but trust me, keeping this from them will not end well. Especially if one of them develops powers." Clark said.

"Do Jonathan or Jordan have powers?" Lana asked.

"Jordan does, though the jury is still out on whether or not Jonathan will develop them." Clark said and Lana nodded as they continued talking and Clark was relieved he could finally tell Lana all this stuff.