Chapter 2

As Clark flew back towards the states, he began thinking about all the changes made in this new reality. While he and Lois were still married, he'd worked up the courage to ask her back in the early 2000s and instead of having one infant son, now they had teenage twin sons, Jonathan and Jordan. Jonathan had been named after Clark's adoptive father Jonathan Kent and Jordan had been named after Clark's biological father, Jor-El. That was definitely something to wrap his head around, but he was glad that he still had his memories from this reality, so that he could keep his memories of the boys growing up. Though from what he could remember, it looked like Clark had made a lot of the same mistakes with his sons that he'd made with Kara. He'd prioritized being a reporter and Superman over being a father. He was never around as much as he should've been. Though he did start being a bit more active in the boys' lives last year, since that was when they'd discovered that Jordan had inherited his powers, something that had definitely complicated things.

That was why he and Lois had decided that the best decision for their family was to move them away from the craziness of Metropolis, since that city was not the best environment for Jordan to learn how to control his powers, especially since Jordan already had a lot of social issues like anxiety that were only amplified by his emerging powers. While they had discussed it first and while Jonathan had not exactly been thrilled about the decision, Clark remembered that in the end, they all agreed that moving to Smallville was the best decision. Though they'd needed to make that decision anyways, since at around the same time, the Kent family had begun to experience more than average amount of misfortune, since first, Clark and Lois had both lost their jobs at the Daily Planet due to its new owner, Morgan Edge and then right after that, Clark had gotten the news that his adoptive mother Martha Kent had passed away in her sleep and Clark had never even had a chance to say goodbye to her. All of these factors led to Clark and Lois moving their family to Smallville, though it was also partially because they could no longer afford to live in such a big city like Metropolis. So they moved to Smallville and Clark had taken over the family farm and Lois had gotten a job at the local paper, the Smallville Gazette, where she'd immediately hit it off with the owner, Chrissy Beppo.

Then life had given them another surprise, though this one was a good one, in the form of Lois getting pregnant, this time with a little girl. Something Clark was really looking forward to, since honestly, having a daughter would almost feel like getting a do over with Kara, since one of his biggest regrets was that he'd given Kara to the Danvers instead of raising her himself, but he knew that it was for the best, since the Danvers could take better care of her than he could, though even so, he hadn't been around for her as much as he would've liked. A mistake he'd made with the boys. And one he hoped he wouldn't make with his future daughter, since he knew now that Kara would be revealing herself as Supergirl, in addition to the emergence of the Flash, Batwoman, Green Arrow and several other heroes, it wouldn't be solely on him anymore.

Anyways, instead of flying back towards Smallville, Clark was flying towards National City, not to see his cousin, but to see someone else instead.

J'onn J'onzz sighed when he heard the sound of what was clearly a kryptonian landing behind him as he turned to find Superman standing behind him.

"Superman." J'onn said.

"J'onn. I need a favor." Superman said.

"What kind of favor?" J'onn asked.

"The kind that involves you restoring Lois's memories of the old universe." Clark said.

"Wait, you remember?" J'onn asked.

"I started having memory flashes a few days ago and then the Monitor appeared and fully restored my memory. I need you to do the same thing to Lois. I'm assuming the only reason Novu did it himself for me is because your powers don't affect me." Clark said.

"Makes sense." J'onn said.

"J'onn, I know the DEO has kryptonite again." Clark said.

"And Kara has agreed that it's needed until Non's plans are off the board. Once that happens, we'll discuss what to do with it." J'onn said and Clark sighed.

"Honestly, I'm not blowing up our friendship over kryptonite again. I'm pretty sure Kara would kill me if I made her choose between us. Especially since I'm pretty sure she'd choose you over me." Clark said.

"You know that's not true. You're her blood." J'onn said.

"And you've been there for her more than I ever have been. You're like a father to her." Clark said.

"Well, I think I know a way you can get her to not push you away." J'onn said.

"What do you mean?" Clark asked.

"You do realize that your cousin has a secret crush on Lena Luthor right?" J'onn asked.

"Only people who don't know about it are Kara and Lena." Clark said.

"Yes, and I know how you feel about the Luthors, but Kara is giving Lena another chance." J'onn said.

"I'm not sure that's a good idea. I heard how Lena nearly outdid Lex in being a villain." Clark said.

"Maybe, but I think that if you want Kara to keep talking to you, you need to remember that she wouldn't be giving Lena a chance if she didn't think there was good in her." J'onn said.

"I'll give her a chance and not interrogate her until I find out if they're dating." Clark said.

"Good. Now, let's head to Smallville so I can restore Lois's memories." J'onn said and Clark nodded in agreement before they both flew towards Smallville.