Chapter 22

"So, wait, why are we going to National City out of nowhere? Can't Aunt Kara just come out here, especially because of Mrs. Lang's accident?" Jordan asked his mom as he and Jonathan finished packing overnight bags.

"Quit complaining dude, it means we get an extra day off school." Jonathan said and Lois rolled her eyes.

"I understand your concern Jordan, but this is a special case. Not only did your aunt go through a very traumatic experience, the one good thing that came out of it was that she found out that her father was still alive." Lois said.

"Wait, did you just say that Aunt Kara's dad is still alive? You mean her foster dad right?" Jonathan asked and Lois shook her head.

"No, I mean her actual blood related father, your father's uncle, is still alive, which is why your dad flew ahead of us to National City. He's still recovering." Lois explained.

"How is that possible? I thought that dad and Aunt Kara were the only nice Kryptonians to survive Krypton's destruction. Well, now including Lana and her parents." Jordan said, since he and Jonathan had heard about the fact that Lana was actually a kryptonian.

"So did we. Look, I can't tell you all the details, mainly because I don't know all of the details. We'll get all of our questions answered when we get there." Lois said, since she did not want to tell her sons about the Phantom Zone. Mainly because she didn't know much about it herself beyond the fact that it was Kara's purgatory, one of the few things she was still afraid of and also where Clark had sent some of his worst enemies. Which made her question why he'd never sent Lex there, but that was beside the point.

"Mom, what aren't you telling us about this Phantom Zone? All you and dad have ever told us about it is that it's a bad place that dad uses to hold some of his worst enemies." Jonathan asked and Lois sighed.

"Look, all I know is that it's a terrible place that a majority of the galaxy uses as a kind of intergalactic prison for the worst criminals in the galaxy. Kryton actually built an actual prison inside of it called Fort Rozz. It's literally one of the worst places in the universe." Lois said.

"Then why was Aunt Kara there?" Jordan asked, since Kara had told him and Jonathan about her getting stuck in the zone when they'd asked her why their dad was older than her if she was born first.

"She wasn't there by choice. When she and your father were sent off Krypton, the planet's destruction caused a shockwave that knocked her pod into the zone. Now, enough questions, I want you both ready to go by the time I get back from letting Lana and her parents know about this." Lois said as she grabbed her purse.

"Yes mom." Jordan said as Jonathan nodded his agreement as she headed out.

Lois was relieved to find that Lana's parents were at her house when she got there, since it saved her a trip.

"Lois." Lana said with a smile as she welcomed the other woman into her home.

"Hey Lana, hope you don't mind me dropping in like this." Lois said.

"Of course not, but can I ask where Clark is? I was kind of hoping to have him here to fall back on since I'm still processing this whole alien thing." Lana said, causing her parents to look at her guiltily.

"That's actually why I'm here. Clark is in National City and the boys and I are heading there now." Lois said.

"Why, what's going on in National City?" Lana asked.

"I'm assuming it has something to do with Kara Zor-El?" Lana's father Thomas asked.

"So, you know about her too?" Lois asked.

"Wait, Kara Danvers is Supergirl? How did I not put that together after Clark told me his secret?" Lana asked and Lois shrugged.

"But to answer your question, it does involve her, especially since we just found out that her father is still alive." Lois said, much to Thomas and Carol's shock.

"Wait, Zor-El is alive?" Carol asked.

"Yes, but I don't know all the details. The boys and I are heading out to National City to get the whole story now." Lois said.

"We'll come with you." Carol said.

"No, not yet. I think that you should wait until Zor-El comes here, since it would raise too many questions about why you came to National City." Lois said.

"And honestly, I think it would be better if we waited for that as well, since I can only take so many surprises in one day, not to mention the girls would wonder why I'm going to National City instead of resting like the doctors told me too." Lana said and her parents nodded, though they looked conflicted about it.

"Have you decided if you're going to tell the girls about this? Honestly, you probably should, since Clark kept his identity a secret from the boys for years and all it did was cause problems. Granted, part of that is because he's Superman, but still." Lois said, not telling Lana she should, but recommending it to her.

"I'll think about it. I think I still need some time to process everything before I even think about telling the girls." Lana said and Lois nodded in agreement, since that was a smart decision.