Chapter 14

Gregory's POV:

I watched Evan as he took out colored prices of chalk from their containers. It was a nice Summer day so Michael didn't want us in the house which seemed alright.

None of us were complaining about it. I was busy and beginning to daydream when I was interrupted of my thoughts.

"Gregory?"

I look up and the sound of my name being called.

"Yes Evan?"

"Can you go get Fredbear for me? I think I left him on the couch"

I glanced back at the house before looking back at him.

"Aren't you going to draw with the chalk? Your hands will be messy, you don't want to get him messy too do you?"

"No but! I-"

"Besides, you got me" I smirked.

Evan stared at me angrily not really appreciating my joke and went back to drawing a cloud. I walked over to him and went behind him to hug him.

He didn't react whatsoever but did put his left hand on one my hands after a few minutes.

I watched as he drew a small bird.

"That's pretty cool! I didn't know you were into drawing!"

He nodded and began coloring in the bird. Michael stepped out with a tray of lemonade and Elizabeth following behind with a a box of crackers.

I helped Evan wash his hands with the hose while at the same time he kept trying to grab the hose and aim it back at me.

"Unless you two plan to pay the water bill this month I suggest getting over here!" Michael warned.

Me and Evan burst out laughing and I ended up accidentally aiming the hose in the wrong direction and found out after Evan shrieked about how cold it was.

Talk about embarrassing when Michael made me stay with him while Evan and Elizabeth sat on the sidewalk eating and talking while I was watching them from the front porch.

"I didn't do it purpose! I swear! Can I go with them now? Please?"

Michael scoffed. "Not happening"

I rolled my eyes in anger and looked down at the grass. Some ants were already devouring a cracker that Elizabeth dropped.

"How come you don't get along with me? Is it the fact that I'm dating your younger brother? You just want to make it harder for me! Don't you!"

Michael sighed and took a drink of his cup of lemonade.

"I'm not trying to!"

I rolled my eyes again, this time in front of him.

"Quit it with the attitude! In this family we d-"

"That's the funny thing! I'm truly not family! I'm not your blood!"

For once Michael let me finish-

"Look I appreciate everything you've done for me! Giving me shelter, Struggling to feed another mouth, and even not breaking me and Evan up! I really do! But do you think I don't forget the beating you gave just a few feet away from us? The funny thing is I lied about half of my mouth injuries to the doctor! Not the ones from t- THE MENTAL GUYS THAT.. YOU KNOW!! BUT FROM YOU!!!"

I was on the brink of crying just remembering that horrible day. If I were to cry it would show how weak I really was. It also made me feel stupid too, so I held it in. Michael sighed and lowered his voice.