17- Bigger problems

Tanjiro had the scent of the fifth demon, [Name] the presence.

"Genyaaa! [Name]!! Head straight northeast! The fifth body is hiding somewhere close to the ground!" He yelled to them, "I'll cover you!!"

Genya and [Name] ran into the direction Tanjiro had instructed. She looked back to see them battle the other demons, a pair of hands grabbed hers roughly, pulling her further away.

"Concentrate!" Genya exclaimed, seeing her unfocused look, she shook her head, nodding at him with determined eyes.

"GENYA, [NAME]! RIGHT SIDE! HE MOVED TO SOUTH. GET HIM!!" They both suddenly heard Tanjiro yell in the distance, both of them had been looking around but couldn't see it.

[Name] desperately looked around, again hearing Tanjiro's voice, "WEST! RIGHT SIDE! HE'S CLOSE BUT BELOW!! GUYS!"

[Name]'s eyes and his shot down to see the tiny figure of the elderly looking demon cowering behind leaves. "Eeek~!"

"BITCH WHAT THE FUCK?!" [Name] exclaimed, swinging her sword at it with Genya shooting a bullet, both not hitting due him running away.

Is this the main body?! They both though at the same time, running after it.

Genya swung his sword at him, hitting his neck, "gyaaah!"

He thought he won, but the sword snapped in half, his eyes widening. He tried shooting a bullet at it, but neither of it worked.

He noticed that [Name] didn't say anything. He turned to see the anger demon, stabbing [Name], shocking her. She couldn't scream, her throat burned so hard that nothing came out.
It abandoned her on the ground, now leaping at Genya.

I was too slow, I can't escape, I'm gonna die. My head can't regenerate!...[Name]...

Aniki..
He suddenly thought of his brother, how he wanted to become a pillar so he would accept him. Genya wants to apologize, for what happened back then.

I'm sorry for being so pathetic.

≪ ◦ ❖ ◦ ≫

Why am I so useless?...

I can't even protect my beloved ones...

[Name] jumped up, seeing the demon about to attack Genya. Out of sudden, Tanjiro appeared,
"GUYS!! DONT GIVE UP!! JSUT GO FOR IT ONE MORE TIME! GO FOR HIS NECK ONE MORE TIME!"

"YOU GOT THIS HANDLED, GENYA!" [Name] yelled while running to Tanjiro, him now looking at with them a shocked and sad expression, "WE'LL PROTECT YOU!!"

"Aren't you gonna be a pillar!? Shinazugawa Genya!!"

Something was behind them, it the anger demon about to struck and it did, both of them falling onto he ground. But to their surprise something blocked it.

"Genya..." [Name] mumbled, looking at his holed body.

"I can't cut his head, you do it." he said in a raspy voice, glancing at Tanjiro now, "I'll give you the honor just this once."

A gunshot went off, Tanjiro grabbing his sword and running off to the tiny demon, cutting its neck.

"GYAAAAGH!!"

[Name] covered her ears, suddenly seeing large shadow figure forming behind Tanjiro.

"TANJIRO, MOVE IT!"