Chapter 6: Birthday Encounter

Chaeyoung's POV

We do not have any classes for this week and it's because it is our semesters break. It's a good thing because today is Jeongyeon-unnie's birthday. I know that she told me that she doesn't want to celebrate her day but I want to at least have a decent dinner with her.

So here I am barging in at her room.

Time check it's 8 in the morning and usually this time around she's up and have already cleaned up that makes me think if what I'm seeing is real. She is still laying in her bed and her back facing me so I know for sure that she is comfortable sleeping her face on her bed. She seems peacefully sleeping but time can't be wasted anymore so I have to wake her up because I have planned for her.

As I was about to wake her up my phone vibrates signaling that I have received a message. And it's from my beloved Tzuyu.

Don't wake her up yet, let's stick with dinner.

I'll bring Mina-unnie with me too later.

That's what the text said. She must have really know me but it won't stop me from doing so.

Third Person's POV

"Yoo Jeongyeon!" Chae said a little bit louder than her normal voice and starts to shake her Unnie. But she gets no response.

"Unnie! It's your birthday!" She tries to do a different approach to wake up her best friend from its peaceful sleep. But to her dismay she hasn't move a single inch. So she thinks to sing a birthday song to her to annoy her best friend to get even a slight response that she is being bothered or even alive who knows.

She keeps on singing like a recording audio and repeat the whole thing for 3 minutes straight which annoys Jeongyeon so finally the older response.

"It's my birthday Chae I get it, so I can sleep in the whole day, that's my gift to myself" Jeongyeon mumbles in a sleepy voice and glares at Chaeyoung before closing her eyes again.

"You know Myoui Mina right Unnie?" Chae suddenly ask her out of the blue. Because she knows that the older girl can't sleep when she has something that she is curious about.

"Hmmm" that's her only response.

"You-

Before Chae could finish what she was saying the older interrupted her.

"How'd you know her?" She asks back while only peeking with only one eye.

Chae just shrugs and was about to walk out of her room when instantly smiles and mentally high five herself for knowing Jeongyeon so much. Because curiosity kills now her Unnie is standing up in front of her having the look in her face that she wants to get an answer from Chae.

"Show up later for the dinner so you get to find out Unnie, I'll pick you up" The younger girl said and in return she received a disappointing look from her best friend.

"You can't do that Chae, not on my birthday!" Jeongyeon protest and then proceeds to pout.

This is the first time in a long time that she has seen her best friend to be this playful. Life is good after all then.

"You don't like your birthday right Unnie? So you don't get to have a free pass" Chae replies and stick her tongue out and she completely walks away and Jeongyeon let her this time because she is still processing things that Chae said to her.

Mina's POV

"Really it's her birthday today?" I ask Tzuyu because she is inviting me to come with her and celebrate birthday with her.