CHAPTER FIFTY-ONE

____

"...No."

I managed to say one word that didn't really specify what it is meant for. Klydeur blinked his eyes. "What?"

"I said no to sparing Ashley from her punishment." I repeated, this time, full of conviction. I was hesitating since I might get punished too, but right now, I am also willing to accept my fault.

Ashley frowned. "Your highness, that's—"

"You two." Everyone fell silent as soon as the Empress spoke again. I could feel her frustration at the situation. "Do not cause a scene in the hallway ever again. This isn't the first time."

I nodded, quite unsure how she knew about it, but shrugged it off. "Yes, your majesty."

But it seems Klydeur is not comfortable. "Then...mother, how about Ashley?"

She glanced back at the princess, and the two of them got into a staring contest before the princess herself decided to calm down. "...I understand."

"Follow me to my office. Both of you." Aureus then looked at him then me, which is enough for us to oblige. The knights finally managed to handcuff the Florida princess, her power restrained.

The maids soon left as well, but not so good stares came my way. Judge me all you want, I could care less.

As Klydeur and I followed the Empress, the walk seemed fast enough that we reached our destination in a blink of an eye.

She sat on her chair, and so I sat on the couch infront of her desk. Klydeur narrowed his eyes at me, before hesitating to sit down the opposite side.

There was a momentary silence before she started the conversation. "I will be sending back the Florida princess to her Empire temporarily. Consider it a recuperation."

My brother widened his eyes, at a loss for words. I squinted my eyes, not sure whether this did me justice. "Your majesty, if I may ask, does this mean she'll return here in no time after her...recovery?"

"Indeed. But under stricter circumstances." She responded, tapping her fingers on the desk.

Ah, so is she saying that she'll cover up the princess' punishment as recuperation and send her back to the Florida Empire? Then, if she returns, she'd be strictly guarded.

I do hope that's the case.

"Now we've dealt with the one who slandered an imperial member, let's discuss the assault."

I lowered my head. "I have no excuses, your majesty. I completely realize my fault, and I'm willing to accept any befitting punishment."

My brother must be silently enjoying the situation. It's not like one moment ago, he promised not to put any punishment for me in exchange of sparing his so-called-friend. But now she's temporarily sent away, he's not saying anything.

And with the silence dragging on for longer than I thought that it might reach imperial court, I soon heard the Empress' next words. "Your punishment shall be..."

I gulped, this time, I'm the one who widened my eyes in surprise.