𝙈𝙤𝙧𝙖𝙡 𝙤𝙛 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙩𝙤𝙧𝙮

Start from the beginning

In my first period this morning, we were given an assignment to complete by the end of the week and in biology we were told to prepare for a test on Thursday.

At lunch, I was in the cafeteria with Sunghoon. Yuna wasn't there yet.

"Have you decided? What you're going to do?" I asked Sunghoon. "Y/n, I don't think I can do it, you know, try to like her. I don't have any feelings towards her that aren't platonic and this other girl I like-" He sighs, "I like her a lot."

"Oh, well that's okay. But you should tell her the truth then, that it was just a mistake," I say. Even if it hurt Yuna, it was the right thing to do.

He nods, "I will, I just need to think of the right words so I don't sound like an extremely terrible person."

"She'll be hurt however you say it Sunghoon. But she'll get over it," I tell him. "Yeah. You're right. I'll tell Yuna today."

"Tell me what?"

- talking with my lawyer she said "where'd you find this guy?"

Sunghoon POV

"Uh, h-hey Yuna," I was so nervous. "Hi. What did you want to tell me?" She asks, folding her arms. How did she just appear like that?

"Yuna...About Friday night, I- It was a mistake, I was drunk and I didn't know what I was doing. I'm really sorry," I speak softly so that the people around us don't hear anything and a rumor spreads.

"W-What?" Her eyes flicker and her expression changes. She was heartbroken. "I really am sorry," I say again.

"Uhm," Her voice starts shaking, like she's about to cry. "Excuse me," She quickly scurries out of the cafeteria and all eyes watch her run out.

"Should I go?" I ask Y/n. She shakes her head, "I don't think that's a good idea, I'll go talk to her."

Y/n went out the cafeteria and now I was alone at the table. I didn't know what to do. I just sat there.

"Heyy, Sunghoon," Someone unfamiliar sits down across from me. "Hello?"

"I'm Hyunjin, Y/n's friend," He says. Ohh, that guy. I suddenly felt intimidated. "Oh, hi."

"I just wanted to ask, since I get a feeling there's something going on, but do you like Y/n?" He asks. That was a little random. "Uh," I didn't want to say anything to him. But she was the other girl, the reason I couldn't bring myself to like Yuna. Ever since the first day I got here, Y/n caught my eye.

- I said young people fall in love

"We're just friends..." I tell Hyunjin. "You sure? Because it doesn't seem like it," He keeps persisting. "What if I say I do? Will you leave me alone then?" I ask, a little annoyance in my voice.

"Ah, so you do like her," He stares at me, and I feel more and more intimidated by him. "I never said that."

"You implied it. I knew it. Why do you like her?"

"She's- she's a really good person, and she's... really pretty," I stutter. "I think you're wasting your time to be honest," He starts, "Y/n won't date someone like you."

I felt a little offended by this. "How would you know? Were you two together?" I ask.

"She's my best friend. I would know," He states.

I was starting to really get annoyed with this guy, and I snapped at him, "Listen dude, are you jealous or something?"

"What? Of course not!" He looks at me with disgust. "I would never like her, she's far from my type," He says. "Oh, okay. Well then, if you don't mind, I'd like to eat my lunch in peace. But thank you for coming by to talk."

Hyunjin scoffs and gets up, going back to the lunch table with all his friends.

***

After lunch, Y/n and I had Chemistry together.

"Is she okay?" I ask her. "She's really sad, but I think she'll get over it. By the way. What was Hyunjin doing at our table? I noticed him sitting down with you."

"Oh, that. It was nothing, he just wanted to meet me I guess, since you and I are friends," I tell her. "Oh," She looks confused but carries on with her work. "Another assignment," She groans. "It's only Monday, we're getting so much more work than usual."

"If you'd like we can work on this together after school?" I offer. "Really? That would be great! Chemistry is so difficult for me. Thanks," Y/n exclaims. "We can go to my house," She says. "Alright, just send me your address."

- with the wrong people sometimes

———————————-

song by ashe

not sure if it fit well but it was a little difficult trying to get a song to fit with the chapter so i eventually went with this