Free Roaming

Due to my book hitting 31k reads I thought I might throw you guys a bone. I've taken such a long break but I promise you it's been worth it. I'm like a quarter through my new book and oh man. It's such a ridiculous slowburn, it's crazy. 25 chapters and so many unmanned feelings. Y'all are gonna eat that shit up. I'm not gonna say anything about the break because that's simply the life of a wattpad writer. I hope you guys missed me, cuz I've missed this sm.

I'm going to be posting the cast and credits to my new book, Freedom, soonish but I'm not going to publish actual chapters for a while cause I still need to finish and edit it.

As always, thank you for sticking around and enjoys! Happy Holidays!

Due to the nature of the court case both sides have agreed to not tell the media until everything is sorted out. Once that happens we'll get official statements and then leave it. I was thankful Renata agreed to it. It was a lot of stress taken off.

It would take a few weeks for my arm to heal and then months of physical therapy to be back to normal arm condition. My stomach would heal in a month or two and then I'd be back to normal.

I was put on bed rest and it was frankly the worst experience of my life. Vinnie was hovering, everyone was treating me like a glass figurine and I had nothing to do besides watch TV.

It was nice to rewatch my shows but I don't watch that many things. Nothing seemed very interesting and there was no way I'd watch Grey's Anatomy. I wouldn't let myself sink that low.

I had to put my tiktok on hold because I couldn't do much. I was literally just a lump of human laying in bed all day.

"You sure you don't need anything?" Vinnie asked for what seemed to be the 100th time. I nodded and used my good arm to push him off the bed.

"Go stream. It's been like 2 weeks. Your fans miss you."

"I don't need to."

"I want you too. Take a breather from my shit, okay? Just relax and play some video games."

"Are you sure?"

I give him a look and he sighs. Vinnie kisses my forehead before leaving. I take a deep breath and sit up in bed.

I slowly push my self off the bed and shuffle to the bathroom. I just want to wash my face and brush my teeth. I feel so disgusting after being in the hospital.

Its so draining being in the hospital, constantly surrounded by the wounded and dying. Feeding yourself with half assed food and twiddling your thumbs waiting for something to happen.

Never liked them. Never will like them.

I wasn't able to shower just yet because of my stomach wound so I had to settle with baby wipes. It was painful to see how much I couldn't do.

I shuffle to my bed and stare at it. I grab the comforter and tear it off the bed. I lay it flat on the ground and reach for the edge if my bed.

I strip my bed of everything on it and pull the blanket into a sack. I can't get it downstairs but I can get it off my bed. I move it to the corner and then sit on my bed. It took a lot of energy just to strip my bed but I did it.

I sat in the court room, crossing my fingers, legs and toes, waiting for the jury to come back. Renata was being sentenced today.

"Defendant has been sentenced to 17 years in prison with possible chances of parole. Court ajourned." The gavel came down and so did my jaw.

I looked back at Vinnie while tears filled my eyes. I'd survived her and I'd never have to see her again.

I looked around me, smiling at everyone here. I was sitting in the kitchen, celebrating the court case. People were laughing and smiling and enjoying themselves.

I was enjoying myself. I had doing great in physical therapy. I was almost healed and my mortal enemy was in jail. How much better could this night get?

With Renata gone I was able to sleep next to Vinnie again. I was able to have a real relationship with him.

"Baby, c'mere for a second." Vinnie called me over and I paused my show.

"What's up?"

"Look at this house I found us." He turned the computer to me and I looked at him in shock.

"A house?"

"I think it's time Max. We've gotta bite the bullet and move out."

I sighed and looked at the laptop. It was a small house, small in regards to the other houses owned by influencers. It had 4 bedrooms, 2 and a half baths, a living room, a dining room and a kitchen. It had a huge backyard and was close enough to the beach that I could walk there.

"Should we set up a tour?" I asked, looking at Vinnie.

"Already did. 3 days from now. The good news is that the house is only 10 minutes from Jack's new house."

"Jack is moving out?"

Vinnie nodded. "He broke the news when I broke the news. Turns out he's been planning this for a while now."

"That's amazing. Is he gonna be living alone?"

Vinifie shook his head. "He'll have a few friends. Jett is moving in there so we'll be by all our friends."

"I'm really happy about this Vin. I'm so stoked." I kissed him in the cheek and went back to our bed, scooping Bear up next to me. "You're going to have so much fun Bear. You'll get your own room and you'll be able to roam free." He simply meowed and nuzzled into the comforter.

I was caught off guard by Zoey at the grocery store. I was just coming out and she stopped me to ask a few questions.

"So how are you? It's been a few weeks since all the drama with Renata. Any updates?" She smiled at me, holding the microphone a respectful distance away.

"It's really great. I've been able to get out the hole I dug for myself. I had a really hard time adjusting after the incident but it's been a great recovery."

"I'm so glad. Has there been anything that's really helped you?"

I grinned. "My friends. I couldn't have done it without my friends. Jack and Vinnie were right by my sides, helping me out when my family had to go back home. They kept me smiling."

Zoey gave me a sly smile. "Vinnie Hacker, huh. Anything we should know about?"

I bite my lip, giving her a playful look. "No comment."

Zoey nodded, winking at me. "Anything we should look out for? Any collabs? New projects?"

I shrugged. "Not as of right now but I'd keep watch. I've never been one to settle down."

"Thank you so much Max, it's been a pleasure."

"Of course. Have a great day Zoey, enjoy the sun."