I Need You

I am extremely struggling rn. School is taking a really big toll on me rn and my stress levels are through the roof. I started track and I'm getting home late and I'm trying but I feel like a major disappointment. But I really hope this isn't a disappointment. I threw in some trauma for part of the storyline not for fun. Just a heads up this is going to be a long book. Maybe 60 chapters? I still have an entire storyline with Renata to go through so please bear with. I have ideas but no definite plots so please keep that in mind. But yea. Yhis is obviously unedited and ill go back and fix it later, if I ever do.

Enjoy, and don't forget to comment and vote.

I sat on the floor with my head between my knees as I fought to catch my breath. My stomach had a pit that grew by the second, my head felt heavy and my arms were numb.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to block out the dream I had. I'd been so foolish to forget Lexi. I never should've done the interview. I was practically stealing her dream.

Why should I be the one to sing for millions when she was so much better. She should've been the one to do the interview. Not me.

I was back home. Finally. I was with mom and Issac and Drew. No more Millie or Dad. Just my mom and her cooking.

"Max? Can you set the table? Dinner is almost ready." Mom asked, glancing at me as she stirred the Mac and Cheese.

I nodded and dug through the drawers, getting enough silverware. I then grabbed some plates and set them out on the table.

I watched in glee as Drew set down the last of the food and sat down next to me. Issac was across from me and mom was next to him.

We said grace and then started dishing out food. It was the best I've had in weeks. The visit was th best thing in weeks.

I glanced around the table and wished that I was still at home. I missed the small town life. No cameras, no boyfriend, just me and my family.

I took care in the dishes as I washed them, not wanting to break the China. It was grandma's. It seems mom got all the family heirlooms. Too bad Dad got Kelly.

I don't see how he even got her. Didn't the kids have any say in it?  Plus it's not like she was a daddy's girl. Lexi was the closet to him. Me and Drew used to be too until mom got sick. We took the burden of raising Kelly and Issac while he worked to support us and pay the bills.

I sighed, wiping my hands on my pants. There was no use to overthinking now. Kelly would move out in a few months and then I'd never have to think of dad again.

I looked around the family room as Drew and Issac argued over movies to watch. I stopped before a China cabinet and picked up a small picture frame.

A small, blonde girl in a pair of shorts and bright blue top holding hands with an even smaller blonde in a floral dress.

Me and Lexi. I was 6 and she was 12. She was starting middle school and I was starting 1st grade. I smiled at the memory of my sister and my mom came up next to me.