0.7 | sankta lissa.

«sankta lissa»

«sankta lissa»

🗝

LISSA BREKKER stared at the little chest attached to the back of the carriage, she could hear the sounds from inside it, she had always been sensitive to noises — always hearing things she wasn't supposed to, she could hear a small sizzling and sure enough, after a while the lock popped out and as she straightened up, the chest opened — a young girl's head peeking out from it. They made eye contact and now, now that the girl wasn't covered with all that glamor, all that shine, all that gold, Lissa could see who she truly was — someone like her, someone who hadn't asked for this, no, no one ever asked for this, she looked small, and scared — as if she wasn't sure of her fate. Lissa waved, a small smirk on her face, and she could see that the girl had noticed the revolvers present in Jesper's holsters.

All of them looked at her, Inej with admiration, Kaz with greed, Jesper with mischief, and Lissa with curiosity. Alina, too, looked at them, her eyes moving from one person to another, scanning them all — they didn't seem to be any older than her.

Alina jumped out of the chest, her hands cautiously raised as Jesper said, "We don't want any trouble." Lissa and Kaz looked at each other, whether they wanted trouble or not, it would always be there. Waiting for them.

"Neither do I," Alina said, her hands still raised — Lissa realized that it wasn't as a form of surrender, no, it was so at any given moment, if it was so required, Alina could use her powers, "So, I'll just be on my way." Jesper's hands were still wrapped around his revolver as Kaz's cane whipped to the side of the carriage, his glare unrelenting as always.

"Yeah, nope, that's not happening." Lissa said and with her hands behind her back she summoned wind — enough to make sure Alina's hair covered her face, the summoner was yet to be revealed properly to the general public, but they weren't here to take chances, it was all going to be one calculated plan.

"Clearly, you want out of East Ravka," Jesper said, taking a different approach than the Brekker siblings, and Inej just stood silently, as if she was ashamed of standing in front of a saint under these circumstances, "But we can help you, we have a secure route, through the fold."

"I prefer to travel alone."

"Don't be rash," Jesper tried to reason yet again, but Lissa could see this approach wasn't going to work with Alina, she was a smart girl, "You stick with us, everybody gets what they want."

"I'm not being anyone's captive ever again." said Alina, and Lissa started to feel a pang of sympathy worming it's way into her heart — clearly, something had gone wrong at the Little Palace, something that had made Alina — the sun summoner — walk away from all of that, to risk her life and to be on the run, "So, step aside and let me pass."