Leap of faith

Yoohyeon's POV

I watched her stand up and walk away, only looking at me once as she stopped by the bathroom door, love and hope shining in her eyes, but with sadness. The warmth of her touch fading with her.

You need to take a leap of faith.
Is it really that simple?
No, it's not, but is she worth it?
Is JiU worth taking the risk to get my heart broken beyond repair?

I think back over the past few months, everything she has done for me.
Every step she has taken to make my dreams come true.
Not once did she expect anything in return. Not once did she make a move, waiting for me to take that first step.

JiU is not Younghyun and I can't judge her on another's mistakes.
So I ask myself again, is she worth it? The answer is yes.
Yes, yes, yes and yes!

The sound of the front door closing has me on my feet and running to the door. I rip the door open just as she reaches her car and she turns to look at me.

I know I must probably look like a mess, my face streaked with mascara, my jeans undone and my hair knotted from running my hair through it over and over again, but I don't care.

The only thing I care about at this moment is the fact that I don't want JiU to leave and I am more than willing to go on my knees and beg her to stay if that is what it takes.

JiU doesn't move towards me, but she doesn't move to get into her car either and that gives me a bit of hope that I didn't push her away completely.

I quickly fasten my jeans and run my fingers through my knotted hair as I make my way to her, trying to think of what the hell I am going to say to make her stay.

"I know you're not her. I know you are not the one that betrayed me and I know you are not the one that made me feel used. But I do know that I have been pushing you away and keeping you at arm's length since the day you walked into my life because of him and I know you don't deserve that. I meant what I said last night, I am all in. I know I am a mess right now, but if you will give me time, I will sort myself out and I will take that leap of faith. Just please, please.. don't leave." I said, while fresh tears streaming down my face.

"Please stay." I beg her.

For a moment she just stands there and stares at me and my body starts shaking as I realize that I might be too late. That I have pushed her too far over the last few months and that this was just the last push over the edge.

"I want you JiU, I want us and I want this. Please.." I tried again

and she moves so fast that my knees nearly give in as she grabs me around the waist with her one arm while the other cradles my neck.
I grab onto her shirt as her lips slam into mine. She kisses me hard but her hands hold me gently.

"I am not going anywhere."
She said, leaning her head against mine when she pulls away to catch her breath.

For a moment we just stand there,
me clinging to her shirt while her arms are wrapped around me. Neither of saying a word, just standing there, breathing each other in.

It is at this moment that I realize that I am deeply in love with Kim Minji.
I allow it to sink in, the fact that I don't want her to fill a void,
I don't want her because I don't want to be alone.
I want her because she makes me feel alive, I want her because I can't imagine going another day without her smile or hearing her voice.
I am deeply, madly in love with JiU and I am not scared of it, no I embrace it.

A smile stretches over my face, my tears drying and a feeling of utter freedom comes with knowing that I can still love, that my past couldn't break me. I smile as I look into JiU's eyes, knowing that no matter what happened in my past, I can choose to not let it affect my future.

"I know I am a mess, but if you give me a few minutes, I can clean myself up and we can still go out? That is if you are still up for it after that mess." I hope I haven't ruined the night completely.

"Do you have something red to wear?" She asks with a smirk.

"Oh I do."
I wink at her before turning to walk back into my apartment.

I quickly jump into the shower and wash my hair and shave as fast as I can. I get out and wrap a towel around me before walking into the hallway.

JiU is sitting in the living room with one of my books in her hands. She seems to be lost in the book, looking at it with so much concentration that I can't help but stand there and just take her in.
She must've felt my eyes on her because a minute later she lifts her head from the book and turns to look at me.

"This is what you're into?"
She said, holding up one of my romance novels.

"Seems like I will need to up my game a bit." She puts the book back on the coffee table and then gets up.

She takes in the towel wrapped around me, her eyes filled with hunger as she makes her way to me.

"You like the idea of being pushed against the wall, your hands held above your head as I slowly run my hands over your naked flesh?" She asks when she reaches me.

My knees go weak with the image she creates. JiU grabs the towel, not to loosen the knot but to pull me against her. I tilt my head to look up at her, my breathing hard as I feel her pressed against me.
Goodness, will I ever get enough of this woman?

"I might not have invisible hands."
She said as she takes a step, forcing me to take one back, pressing me against the wall.

"But I think the two that I have might just be enough." She says just as she pushes my legs apart with one of her and stepping between them.

I moan as her leg presses against my aching core and I can't help but rub myself against her, craving that release, but before I can reach that much needed release, she moves her leg away.

"Do you want this?"
JiU says as she presses her length against my stomach.

I lift my leg up and wrap it around her waist, needing to feel her length elsewhere.
She lightly runs her fingers up my leg, making goose bumps break out over my sensitive skin as she bends her head down. She places her nose in the crook of my neck and then breathes in deep as if trying to breath in the smell of me like the Fae males do in my books.

When her teeth scratch lightly against my neck, my knees give in as a wave of pleasure rushes through me.
I am so close to jumping over that edge of ecstasy, but JiU suddenly moves away from me.

"Wear something red."
She said and then walks away, right out the door without looking back.

It takes everything in me to not run after her and demand that she finishes what she started.
I consider helping myself, but I know that it won't do anything to satisfy my need for her. So instead, I take a deep breath and then walk to my room.

I will get her back for this, there is no way I will be suffering alone tonight.

ㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡㅡ