17. In Your Arms Again

Start from the beginning

Your once dry eyes were now filled with tears. You could see your company glance at you out of the corners of their eyes, as if they knew something had happened with you. You could hear that Tybur was speaking, but you couldn't decipher the words coming out of his mouth. Extremely uncomfortable, all you wanted to do was get out of there. Lowering your head, you tried to avoid any more attention and wiped away any trace of tears from your eyes.

"... War!" As you regained composure from the flashback, clarity hit you full force. They want war. He's angry at you and wants war. And it seemed fair that he was angry, but war? Against just who?

... Erwin. He's in danger.

Panic sat in as you at the thought of him being hurt. Hearing Zeke chuckled made you see red. 'Fuck this.' You stood up and made a point to punch him square in the nose, hoping that it hurt. Yelena was already in motion as you turned and took off the way you came in. You could hear the gasps from the people as you ran, Yelena in full force behind you. Behind you, you could hear a rumble and the now-familiar static of lightning, assuming that it was Zeke. To your knowledge, you two were the only shifters there. Until you heard Eren's roar.

Risking a peak, you turned your head and confirmed that it was in fact Eren and he was following right behind you. Hearing the screams of people, you hoped there was a crowd that you could hide in, so you could lose your pursuers. Between the screaming and commotion, you could hear the thunder rumble that you could only assume came from Zeke. Eren let out another roar, but this time you didn't bother to look back as you took a hard right into an alleyway.

With Yelena still in pursuit, you pushed past people and just hoped you didn't piss somebody off. Reaching a brick wall, you attempted to climb up it. You refused to change into your titan form and destroy the buildings around you, potentially killing innocent people. Not only that, but you didn't want to out yourself. So, now you look like a fool trying to climb a brick wall and hoping that you don't have to fight the six foot woman behind you. You could hear rushing footsteps come up behind you before a hand gripped your ankle and yanked hard.

"Get back here." Her voice sounded too calm for the situation, almost like she teetered on the verge of a psychopathic break. You lost your grip with the pull from her and fell, knocking her down with you. Having your breath knocked out of you hurts more than people let on. While you struggled to catch your breath and get back up, Yelena was already on her feet again. She grabbed you by the shirt collar and hauled you against the wall you fell off of.

"That was smooth, what you did there. You honestly didn't think that you'd get away with it did you?" In the distance, you could hear what sounded like people fighting. Moreso, Zeke and Eren and you genuinely hoped that Eren won. Anything was better than that monkey bastard winning. Between the yelling of people and the fighting going on in the distance, you heard an oddly familiar sound of gear whirring around near you. Yelena fished for something out of her back pocket, presumably to handcuff or sedate you with. A sudden whoosh alerted you to a figure dropping down behind her. You couldn't see the face for Yelena's tall stature, but the voice made you want to weep with joy.

"Let her go, Yelena." A blade you recognized as part of ODM gear snaked its way around her neck. She immediately halted in place. And laughed in that psychotic voice you had.

"I wasn't expecting someone to come rescue this... precious gem of our's." She crooned, "Especially not the Commander of the opposing military. How would our little deal work out when Zeke gets wind of this?"

"I honestly don't give a fuck what happens to it. As far as I'm concerned, the deal was off when y'all declared war." It shocked you to hear Erwin cuss. He pulled her away from you, allowing you to see him fully. Decked out in a black outfit with silver straps with the gear hanging from his lean hips. 'To all of the gods that I've learned about here in Marley, thank you for blessing me with this man.' He was incredibly attractive in this uniform and you were eager to get him out of it. You couldn't tell if you had issues breathing because of him or if you were still recovering from the fall.