5

With the final buzzer hit, the crowd stands in a roar of cheers at our fourth victory of the season. Our team currently undefeated. I look to see my mom's face full of pride. And the place where Andrea used to sit was now filled by a stranger that still cheered for me. I ignored the stab of guilt in my stomach.

We carried out just like every other game. Coach Ike huddled us, Nick would carry us out with a chant. And we'd all go back to the locker rooms with minimal glares from the opposing team.

I showered and dressed in my black sweatpants and blue t-shirt. It was chilly outside so I threw on a sweatshirt as well. Me, Nick, and a few other guys walked out to join our families. Well, I had my mom. A lot of the guys had at least on of their parents and a few siblings. Nick's sister was always the only one there.

Mila Mochat was possibly the sweetest girl you would ever meet. And she loved her brother more than anything. They were each other's rock in this chaotic world.

Nick hugged her, smashing her face against his shoulder before finally letting her ago. She smiled and punched the side of his arm playfully. I waved to Mila before going to mom who offered me her own hug.

Mom wasn't much shorter than me actually, only but a couple of inches. I think my dad was tall too, but I couldn't be sure. The last memory I had of him was when I was four. And everything seems big when your two feet tall.

"Good job, baby. Keep playing like that and we'll have international offers." She joked and she lovingly ran her fingers over my hair.

"Hey, that would be such a bad thing. See the world and all that."

She shook her head and chuckled, her mouth about to open when the loud creak of the metal doors brought our attention to a tall black figure in the doorway. Everyone turned to see who was there as the doors shut behind one of the tallest guys I've ever seen in my life. I wasn't the most muscular on my team, I usually ran on the skinner side, but I was taller than all of them by an inch. But this guy put all 6' 4 of me to shame.

I felt a tug in my chest, my eyes immediately drawn to him. Like no matter what I did, I couldn't look away. The man's hair was black, almost too black like it had been dyed. And he had lightly tanned skin that exposed his dark ink that littered his impressive biceps and forearms. Light blue eyes came in contact with mine and I still didn't look away. And for a moment we just...stared. I couldn't help it.

The strong jaw that framed his face perfectly. A light hollow to his cheeks that made his face seem all the more intimidating. The man radiated power.

"You have some serious balls to show up here." Nick's voice broke our little stare down as he walked towards the man who didn't speak a word. And in a single motion, Nick threw his fist into the side of the stranger's face. The man grimanced when Nick pulled back, looking up at him with an emotional I couldn't explain.

There was a long silence when no one said anything. Not even Coach Ike stepped in. I looked to Mila who covered her mouth in something that resembled shock and horror. 

"You staying for good this time?" Nick broke the silence.

The man only nodded. But it was strong and calculated.

Nick took a breath, seemingly unsure of whether to hug this person who hit him again. After another moment, he chose to simply leave. His shoulder brushing against the man's.

Mila rushed after him, giving the stranger a stern glare before leaving as well. He gave me another glance before following them.

The room was silent as the doors clattered open and shut, leaving us to wonder what the hell just happened. Though given the fact that there aren't that many guys walking around looking like Nick, that the man could only be their estranged brother Meki.