Chapter 5: Burgers, Fries, and Parfaits

It's been a few days since his first encounter with "Mikey" going wrong and Takemichi had been diligently keeping his head down as to not get anyone's attention on him. So far, he's doing just fine with not getting any attention to himself. At least, that's what he thinks.

"Takemichi... you know I love you right?"

Takuya started from beside him. Another day had passed without Mikey showing up and the two childhood friends were now walking home. Takemichi nodded, slurring a 'yes' as they continued walking home.

"Good because I'm a party crasher and I'm gonna wake you up from your delusions. Michi, hunching your shoulders and keeping your head down won't keep attention away from you. You're the center of attention in our neighborhood and the next right now. Mom heard from Hanemura-san that 'the Hanagaki's only son has gone crazy from loneliness.' Mom was worried and already called auntie. Your mom's coming back to accompany you until the end of the year. Well, at least, that's what I heard from their call."

Takemichi was back to normal in an instant and was beside himself from shock, body tense from anxiety. They continued walking and were nearly at the Hanagaki household when said teen was snapped back into the living world. The house looked normal and nothing was amiss. Takemichi pouted at Takuya for talking about 'gossip' that wasn't real. His mom was probably still packing up her stuff or working overtime before getting a leave.

"Traitor."

Takuya just rolled his eyes.

"I didn't say anything about auntie returning today. You just assumed that."

"Still-"

The front door opened and revealed a woman who looked to be in her late twenties, mid-length black hair tied into a low ponytail and a pair of dark, bright eyes. She stared at Takemichi with mild surprise in her eyes as he stared back at her, mouth agape and eyes wide.

"Micchin...?"

"Mom..."

Takuya stood there awkwardly as the mother and son pair stared at each other, neither blinking nor looking away from each other. That is, until his mother had processed her son's overall appearance.

"Micchin! Why did you style your hair in that god awful hairstyle!? Quick, come and let your mother fix you up! And don't think you're getting away from this too, Takuyan. Come, come! Let Auntie style your hair."

Before any of them could even think of moving from their spots, they were dragged into the Hanagaki house, protests on the tip of their tongues and swallowed down as they accepted their fate. The Hanagaki matriarch wasn't a woman to be messed with when she has her eyes set on something. Takuya was yet again reminded of where Takemichi's stubbornness stemmed from. Takuya sighed as he called his mother that he'd be at the Hanagaki's if she needed him.

I just want to go home and rest.

-

A few days have passed since Manjirou last became an absolute menace to society with his 'claiming a teen as his bitch' stunt. Manjirou would have loved to go and harass his bitch into real submission the very next day but things became complicated when he remembered something about his (hopefully) future husband. And it was poor, unfortunate Ken who got caught in the brunt edge of it all.

.

"Ken-chin, Ken-chin! Do you know where Takemitchy lives? I know you guys are friends. How about his number? Do you have his number? Chifuyu won't let me borrow his phone anymore. Isn't that cruel? Hey, are you listening?"

Manjirou whined for as long as the whole walk down the shrine stairs was on the very day that he had claimed himself a "Hanagaki Takemichi" and got slapped the very next moment by someone Manjirou recalled was named "Hina". The meeting that day had ended 15 minutes ago and Ken wanted nothing more than to drop his commander off his back to walk for himself. It was Friday that day and without an address or a number at his disposal, he had no way to contact the cute blond who had sparkling blue eyes.