forty-five.

when eddie rounded the corner in max's michael meyers mask, meadow couldn't help but laugh. "that's gonna disguise you?" she asked. "you're still wearing the same outfit you wear every single day."

"that's not true." he argued. "i have other shirts."

"you haven't changed clothes in a week." she pressed, nonetheless following him outside and to his supposed mode of transportation.

eddie led the group to a camper, effortlessly opening the back door and sliding in while the owners sat outside. "that was suffocating." he complained as he took off the mask. steve and meadow followed behind him, helping everyone else crawl through the window.

"where'd you learn how to do this?" steve asked, walking over to eddie, who was immediately setting to work with clippers and messing around with the wires in the camper.

eddie smiled. "well, when other dads were teaching their kids how to fish or play ball, my old man was teaching me how to hot-wire. now, i swore to myself i wouldn't wind up like he did, but now i'm wanted for murder, and soon, grand theft auto. so, uh, i'm really living up to that munson name."

robin put her hands on steve's back, leaning in to join the conversation. "uh, eddie, i'm not sure i love the idea of you driving." she said.

meadow nodded her agreement. "yeah, me neither."

eddie looked at the two girls. "ohm, i'm just starting this sucker." he said before smiling at steve. "harrington's got her. don't ya, big boy?"

meadow nearly double over with laughter at the sigh steve let out, putting a hand to his head. "no, no, i'm not..." the engine started, and the owners of the camper began angrily banging on the door. "shit, shit, shit, go!" steve gave in, shoving eddie, who was gleefully smiling, out of the driver's seat. "it's just a car." steve told himself before turning to the kids. "everybody, hang on to something!"

lucas, max, and dustin, all moved to sit. "oh my god! let's go, let's go!"

"drive, steve! drive!" dustin screamed. steve set off, and dustin looked out the back window. "shit, they look pissed!"

robin shrugged. "it's not every day you lose your house and car in one fell swoop.

"hold on, hold on!" steve yelled, making a sharp turn that took them off and down the road. "okay."

once they'd gotten away from the angry owners of the camper, steve was driving much more at ease. meadow moved to sit by him in the passenger seat, bringing her knees up to her chest. "how's it handle?" she asked.

"not half bad." he replied. "considering that this is a house."

meadow laughed. "better or worse than your car?"

"oh, don't bring her up at a time like this." he joked, looking to her for a moment to see her smile before focusing his attention back on the road. "you know, you were saying earlier you wanted to hear about all my.. my future plans."

she nodded. "do tell."

steve shook his head. "yeah. it's.. it's silly, but i.. i've actually.. uh, i always had this dream that i'd have this really.. really big family. i'm talking like a full brood of harringtons."

"a full brood?" she questioned, raising a brow.

he nodded. "like, five, six kids."

meadow's head shot back over to him. "six?"

steve nodded. "yeah. six little nuggets. three girls, three boys." he seemed to be thinking again as he smiled to himself. "and.. and every summer, i figured all of us harringtons, we would pack into something like this and.. just see the country. you know, the rockies, grand canyon, maybe yellowstone. end up in some beachside town in california. spend a week parked in the sand. learn how to surf or something."