scary love.

summary: meadow and dustin discuss how literary life can be (or: in which the henderson siblings analyze meadow's relationship with steve) + steve and meadow's anniversary

a/n: hi i'm sorry i keep updating and writing new stuff but i am feeling a surge of inspiration 🕺 this was inspired by a post i made on my message board, and @MarlianaVictoria requested i write about it in more detail! credits for helping me come up with ideas (as always) go to scoopsaharrington

song: scary love by the neighbourhood

your love is scaring me, no one has ever cared for me as much as you do

meadow's relationship with steve harrington wasn't one that she tended to think about in detail

meadow's relationship with steve harrington wasn't one that she tended to think about in detail. she knew that they were together, that she was happy about it, and that they would remain together for hopefully the rest of their lives.

but it was certainly a lot, she thought, that she had once mistaken her feelings towards steve for hatred, and that their paths had intertwined the way they had. regardless, she never really paused to consider how they'd happened to end up together.

dustin, on the other hand, thought about their relationship more frequently than he would ever be willing to admit. he, despite not so subtle complaints about their pda, loved the couple with his whole heart. seeing his two favorite people happy made him feel reminded of love, and it gave him hope that he and suzie would someday be the same way.

the boy was a romantic at heart, and had truly become wiser than anyone that the couple knew. steve would constantly become shocked when the younger boy would give him advice, frequently commenting that dustin was the smartest person he knew. and he probably was.

"i'm just so worried. what am i going to do in my future, you know?" steve asked once, laying down with practically half of his body falling off of the couch. "i can't work at family video forever, right. and i don't really want to go to college either."

"you don't have to go to college, steve." dustin replied, sitting with his back pressed to the couch.

the older boy shook his head. "no, i know. but i know meadow would probably want me to, or prefer if i did. and i don't know, i want to make her proud, right. and i'd get more job opportunities.."

"no, steve, you make her proud already. all you have to do is just.. literally be yourself." he argued. "she loves you too much to be upset about anything you do."

this made steve smile. "you think so?"

the youngest henderson sent him an incredulous look. "uh, yeah?" he then shifted around so he was looking into steve's eyes. "look, you haven't ever seen the way she is around you. the way she lights up. it's always been like that, too, since you first met."