forty-three.

since no one wanted to take up meadow's walking offer, they all grabbed nancy and mike's bikes from the garage. eddie then directed them to his trailer, and they were hoping that they'd meet dustin, erica, max, and lucas waiting for them on the other side.

"that's gotta be a guinness world record." robin said as they dropped the bikes. "most miles traveled inter dimensionally."

steve coughed. "i just inhaled a bunch of that crap. it's stuck in my throat." he complained.

the trailer, at first, looked like the rest of the upside down, but then they all focused on the glowing red hole on the ceiling of the living room.

"this is where chrissy died." eddie said. "like, right where she died." he looked over at meadow. "you and the other henderson were right, then, about the gate.. portal, things."

"i think there's something in there." robin then mumbled, watching as something prodded at it. suddenly, the gate burst, and everyone screamed. steve pulled meadow away from it, and she grabbed onto his arms.

"it's dustin. right. it's dustin." she said, watching as it was opened by something. she and steve walked over to the opening, and sure enough, dustin stood under them. for them, dustin, erica, lucas, and max appeared upside down, and they were looking through the ceiling and onto the floor.

robin smiled. "holy shit, this is trippy." she said as dustin laughed.

"bada-bada-boom!!" he grinned triumphantly.

lucas and max carried eddie's mattress into the room, preparing to use it as a landing pad. "those stains," he said about it, "are, uh.. i dunno what those stains are."

meadow nodded. "mhm."

"not quite sure how these physics are gonna work." dustin said, grabbing a makeshift rope that erica had made out of eddie's towels. "but, uh.. here goes nothing."

when he tossed the rope through the hole (for him, towards the ceiling), it dropped through what was the ceiling for the others.

"and, if my theory is correct.." dustin let go of the rope, and it remained suspended midair. "huh. abracadabra."

meadow smiled, looking up at it. "holy shit."

her brother looked down at her (or, up, for him). "all right, pull on it! see if it holds!" robin pulled at the rope, and it didn't move at all.

"this is the craziest shit i've ever seen in my life." erica laughed. "and i've seen some crazy shit."

robin, who was already holding the rope, grunted. "guess i'm the guinea pig." she said, jumping onto the rope to climb up it. once she passed the ceiling, however, she was going in upside down, and dropped onto the mattress. "thank god." she smiled when she landed. "that was fun."

eddie followed her out, dropping much less gracefully, but with an equally excited smile on his face. "that.. was fun. oh shit."

nancy followed him out, and then meadow and steve looked to each other, the last two in the other dimension. "ladies first." he suggested with a smile.

"see you on the other side, right?" she replied.

he nodded. "see you on the other side."

when meadow climbed up the rope, though, she suddenly found herself falling endlessly. she grasped at the nothingness of air in front of her, screaming as she plunged further and further until she landed with a hard thud on the ground.

she got to her feet, looking around and realizing that she was stuck somewhere.. somewhere else. it seemed as if there was nothing for miles, and she shook her head. "no, no, shit!" she cursed, realizing that she was under one of vecna's spells.