"Why are you allowed to see women and I'm not allowed to see men?" Oh, so my joke backfired. Nope, not funny.

"Come on. I travel, I go to work. Sometimes, I even come across the maids downstairs. Am I supposed to shut my eyes when I see a woman? Of course, I'll see women. There's no medical assistance for erasing every other woman on earth from my sight." I explained exasperatedly.

She relaxed, flushing as she pouted in indignation. "Oh. I thought you meant seeing in the figurative sense. Like, dating other women."

"No. Now can we watch the movie in peace?" I asked snappishly. I just wanted to have a moment of peace but apparently, my woman was too inquisitive and itching to pick up a fight.

She shook her head, her eyes now brightening up with a mischievous glint in them. "I want to do ask you questions."

"Ask."

"That man from yesterday, did they truly kill his family?"

"Yes."

She gasped. "Even thee innocent children?"

"This is how the mafia works Riley. You are mostly born into it and there are rules to be followed."

"How bad was that man?"

I pressed my like together, already getting irritated that I had to speak so much. It wasn't even dawn yet!

"You told me to ask my questions, Luci. Can you bear to deny me the right of knowing them?"

"I can. And you know it."

"But you won't."

I looked from her to the TV to see the police officer was getting closer to finding the clues that led to the pole dancer's mysterious death. The scene grabbed my attention but Riley moved even closer and gently turned my face to focus on hers.

I could've told her off but I just couldn't bear to. A sigh escaped my lips and I made a mental note to watch the movie another time.

"Ask."

"Yay! Why do the maids never speak to me? Why are most of them so secretive and why don't I ever come across them whenever I go downstairs?"

"They come around very early to clean the place. I don't like people hanging around except my guards so when you step out of your room as early as eight, they'd already have tidied the whole place up and left by that time."

"Oh...okay. Another question. When will I receive the your insignia?"

"You have received-"

"Yours. When will I be branded as yours? Will you also be branded as mine?" She eyed me curiously, obviously already imagining what my mark would look like on her. "I don't know where I'll get it yet. Maybe my butt? Or my shoulder, close to my breast-"

"Where did you learn that?" My eyes darkened at the thought of someone else seeing such an intimate part of her body like her shoulder or other private parts.

Her cheeks flushed as she looked down at her palm on my chest. "I read this mafia romance book where the female lead was branded..."

"That was a book Riley. You're not showing anyone your boobs." I almost snapped.

Her gaze whipped up to my face. "Does that mean I won't get branded?"

"You will. I'll brand you, in every way. When the time comes." My eyes roamed around her face. Her clear, inquisitive eyes eyes, her pouty lips which she'd been constantly biting on with her small front teeth.

Her fist on my chest clenched and I instinctively pulled her closer to me, hearing her gasp softly.

I cursed under my breath. What was this young lady doing to me?