Chapter 4 Snowbound

Mankind is ever expanding the frontiers of technical superiority into areas unknown and uncharted. Each quest promises marvelous discoveries, but each also brings potential danger. In direct response to the dangers of our advanced technology, we need an organization that is ready to mobilize dramatic survival resources at a moment's notice. Conceptions in rescue that can challenge the impossible. Thunderbirds 2086! The Thunderbirds! Five of the finest cadets in the world, dedicated to the service of mankind, wherever he may be in distress, combined with a dazzling array of vehicles and equipment designed to specifications in the space age technology of the 21st century. A special rescue squad, ready to answer a last-chance distress call. A call that could arrive at any time from any disaster scene on or off this planet. These are the Thunderbirds 2086!"

 These are the Thunderbirds 2086!"

( intro video)

we start out story off at  the base for the Wold known Rescue team International Rescue Organisation  where  million of people work around the clock   monitoring the world in case any one need help as the base is known as the Arcology

Arcology is the formal name of IRO Headquarters, a humongous man-made island located somewhere in the Pacific Ocean. Headed by Commander Warren Simpson, Arcology serves as the Earth command centre for International Rescue Organisation, and a focal point of the Federation.

Forged as a result of the World Federation's inauguration during the mid-2060's, Arcology is a vast city complex that houses one primary building and dozens of skyscrapers. Rising a thousand feet on a square mile base, the Island is the permanent home for all 60,000 Earth-based members of the organisation. While living quarters may be compact and food on strict rations, there are plenty of home comforts to be had, including a cinema, night club, and shopping mall.

Nearly all seventeen Thunderbird craft were constructed in Arcology, and are stored in various sectors of the headquarters. The team's command post is situated on its highest point.

 The team's command post is situated on its highest point

the commander of this base is Dr. Warren "Jared" Simpson Born in Washington, the future founder of IRO majored in Aerospace, Industrial, and Systems Engineering. Upon completing the courses, he was chosen to join NASA as a deep space explorer. Swiftly moving up the ranks, his last assignment was Commander of the UNSS Clarke spaceship. During the mission, he was called upon to meet the World Federation to discuss plans for a special rescue organisation... and When it comes to saving lives, Warren is always deadly serious. He's so dedicated to the organisation that he constantly remains on assignment, and has very little time for recreation, much to the disappointment of his brother.