"I am only suggesting this, Ga On, but I think it would be better to judge someone for yourself rather than asking for other people's opinions of them. Yes, Ajumma practically raised Yo Han when he was an infant, but as he grew older, he was distant from everyone in this house except Isaac. Maybe instead of asking other people what happened, you should ask the person in question. Yes, there's a high chance that Yo Han might lie, you have no reason to trust him and I can hardly say he's given you good reason to consider otherwise."

   She sighed, shoulders drooping as she suddenly looked very tired, as if the weight of the sky had suddenly been dropped on her shoulders. "I better go now. It's best if you two got out of here before Yo Han comes home."

   Ga On had so many questions, things he wanted, no, needed to know. Because some part of him, somewhere deep down, he knew that if Ji Eun was the answering his questions she would either tell him the truth or not say anything at all. But he also knew, that he won't be getting any answers from the woman as he watched her slowly go back up the stairs.

̶̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶«̶ ̶̶̶ ̶   ♱    ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶ ̶ ̶̶̶ ̶»̶ ̶̶̶ ̶

   That night, Ji Eun accompanied Yo Han to meet with Cha Gyeong Hui. She had been unnaturally quiet the whole ride, apart from the content smile that hadn't left her lips since Yo Han had taken her hand in his, occasionally rubbing the backside of her hand and brushing over her knuckles softly.

He hadn't questioned her silence, he knew it was one of those days when she just didn't want to speak. He was fine with it, having grown accustomed to it over the years. It had become less frequent, he was glad to observe over the years. As they pulled up at the meeting spot, Yo Han took away his hand as both got out of the car.

"Thank you for coming," Gyeong Hui said by way of greeting.

"Isn't this obviously inappropriate?" Yo Han asked, not in the mood to be gracious. "What do you want?"

"What must I do?" Gyeong Hui asked, sound almost tired. But it didn't move either of the judges' hearts. Rather, Ji Eu's glare became colder, heart lips pulled back in disdain. It was a look that made the Minister of Justice want to slap her, but she knew she was in no position to pick a fight.

"What do you mean?" Yo Han feigned innocence.

"What must I do to make you let go of my son?" She elaborated, not pleased to have to do so.

"Your son is only being sentenced by the law."

"Don't lie. You targeted him from the start just to get to me."

"Is that what you think?" Yo Han asked, while Ji Eun muttered under her breath, "Well, someone feels very self-important."

"What do you want from me?" The woman demanded, obviously having had enough. "Don't say something obvious like justice. It's strength isn't it? Power. You're doing this to gain popularity."

"What, is she saying that the two of us are trying to become celebrities? As if I don't have enough on my hands already." Ji Eun muttered again, careful not to let either of them hear her.

Yo Han, she observed with amusement and satisfaction, was barely stopping himself from rolling his eyes.

"A chaebol? The president?"

Yo Han let out a sigh. "Nineteen years ago, you investigated a young politician with a bright future. For bribery."

"What does that-?" Yo Han didn't let her finish her question.