Part Six

A/N: I wrote this chapter and the next one before the release of Volume 2 last night, and the last 3 chapters are being written afterwards but for the sake of plot, it is still gonna continue and be finished how I have been writing it- after canon Vol.1 but a 'pretend' Vol.2 ending. Just so everyone knows! Only possible future oneshots separated from this could contain spoilers for Vol.2, this will not. I hope you enjoy! ~Jay/Harley <3

Word Count: 3,092 the most so far lmao even more than last chapter

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

  "I'm sure Nancy will like your present! Like, I didn't even get anything 'cause I couldn't think of anything but to write something."

Steve rolls his eyes at Robin's comment and Robin just huffs, looking out the window. They're on their way to the Wheeler's house for Nancy's birthday. The plan is to have everyone there first so Nancy's family could be there too. Then, later at night, all of the 'older teen's' aka Robin, Steve, Nancy, Eddie, and even Jonathan, are going to Steve's house to play games and drink. Steve was hesitant at first even though he was the one that half-jokingly suggested it since his house is going to be empty tonight. Nancy had insisted though, saying that although she had bad memories from drinking at Steve's on the night Barbara was taken and killed, she wanted to make more better memories with everyone.

Plans were made a couple weeks ago and yet Robin still never managed to actually get a present. As much as she really had wanted to, she couldn't think of anything she could get that would mean something to Nancy. Steve had gotten her a few movies and music tapes that she had mentioned wanting before. Which had been the only idea Robin had had until she knew Steve was getting them for Nancy.

So instead, Robin did the only thing she thought of doing— writing something. It was just a simple 2 letter addressed to Nancy that she wrote, basically dumping her feelings onto paper as genuinely as she could. She wrote about her feelings for Nancy, the little details she noticed in her habits, what she loved about Nancy, and more.

They'd been together less than a month when she first wrote it. This morning, however, just over a month since they'd gotten together, Robin hastily wrote down stuff at the bottom of the second page before putting the pages in the envelope and writing 'To, Nancy' on it.

Robin looks down at the envelope in her hands now, ignoring something she barely hears Steve say. She remembers the badly written last few additions. Her whole plan had been to get Nancy to just read it herself. But, by the time she'd written a couple sentences at the bottom in Spanish and French, she'd already committed to plan number two: read the end in the languages herself and then in English.

It was a cheesy thing to do, but she had thought that Nancy would like the added effort, especially since the words she had written in Spanish and French to make herself say out loud included finally saying 'I love you'. Something Robin has never said to anyone romantically before in her life and was nervous to do but felt ready to. Cause yeah, she loves Nancy Wheeler. It's taken her a month to finally admit it to herself, but she knows. She loves Nancy.

   "Robin, are you even listening to me?" She finally hears Steve say to her from the driver's seat beside her.

   "No, obviously, dingus. What did you say?"

Steve looks between her and the letter in her hands. "I was just saying that I noticed you looking uncertain about the letter and wanted to say that I know Nancy will love it, okay? It doesn't matter if it's just words on paper. You love her and I know she loves you and will love it. It's better than movies and music that she could just borrow from someone else. I only know she'll like these cause she's mentioned them before and just doesn't own any of them."