Part Two

Word Count: 2,856

The car ride back to Nancy's house doesn't take too long. The whole time Robin is aching to hold hands with Nancy but doesn't want to distract her driving. Instead the two of them sit in a sort of comfortable silence. Robin is lost in her own thoughts, all about Nancy and how good it feels to be in her presence with this newfound realisation that she likes her back.

Eventually they arrive, pulling up into the driveway. Street lights around them are only just starting to turn on with the change between daytime and nighttime. The sun is almost set, with only a faint orange glow on the horizon. Robin only just notices all of this, her attention the past hour being on different things.

Robin follows Nancy up to the door, waiting behind as Nancy opens it and they both walk in. Nancy's mom welcomes them, letting them know that everyone is still downstairs. Robin starts walking to the stairs, turning to see Nancy asking her mom something quick before walking back towards her.

   "I asked her if you could stay the night for a sleepover," Nancy explains. "If you would want to of course. You'd probably have to use the phone to call back home first anyways," She adds. Robin smiles. She's nervous, as she's never really had a sleepover at anyone's house before besides years ago when she was friends with Barbara. But she would do anything to spend more time around Nancy.

   "Of course! I definitely want to. I will have to make a call to let my mom know first and I hope you don't mind that I don't have any other clothes with me," She motions to the work uniform she's wearing.

   "You can wear something of mine for the night. I'll make sure it's something comfortable for you," She adds, laughing at the look of dismay Robin puts on her face as the last time she wore something of Nancy's it was awful.

Robin lets Nancy walk past her and they both start going down the stairs to the basement. She enters the room after Nancy, and they're instantly greeted by everyone that is there. Dustin, Lucas, Will, Eddie, Erica, and Mike were all squished around a small table, in the middle of DnD assumedly. El and Max were sitting on one of the couches off to the side talking — they were probably dragged into attending by Lucas and Mike — and Steve was sitting on another couch, on the side of the table that Dustin was on.

Walking past Nancy, Robin immediately goes and flops down on the couch next to Steve. "Hey, Harrington," She exclaims, smiling. Steve rolls his eyes at the enthusiasm.

   "Hey, Robin. Was work alright?" He asks. "I haven't even done much here. They," he points at the table, "convinced Max, El, and I to participate for as long as we lasted until our characters that they made us died."

   "Work was great! Not many customers, as expected so everything went smoothly," Robin puts emphasis on the last word, ignoring the look Nancy gives her for lying to Steve. She shoots one back, trying to convey 'I'll tell him everything later, I know I should explain to him about the break downs I have but not now'. She only hopes Nancy understands.

Steve glances at Nancy and then Robin, a confused expression on his face. "What was that look about?"

   "I'll tell you later, Steve," Robin says but Steve looks at Nancy and she must have shown something on her face as he appears to come to a realisation. Not about Robin, herself, but of her and Nancy.

   "Oh my god, did you two finally talk about everything?" Steve's voice is so loud that everyone turns to look in their direction.

   "Steve!" Robin playfully hits his arm, and feels Nancy sit down next to her, their legs touching.

   "Talk about what?" Dustin says, turning around in his seat and raising his eyebrow.

   "Nothing! Nothing," Nancy frantically, only making Steve smirk as he definitely knows now. To anyone besides Steve, it would be obvious Nancy is lying about something but no one knows what, something Robin is grateful for.