Chapter Seventy-Five: The London 2012 Olympics

Start from the beginning

"Will you hurry up," Harry shouted banging on her door, Adeline rolled her eyes and glared towards her bedroom door wondering what his hurray was; there was ages before they needed to leave.

He'd been rather distracted lately with his new girlfriend, Cressida Bonas was his newest squeeze if the Eugenie was to be believed; she had set him up with Cressida after his short-lived fling with Mollie King from The Saturdays.

Harry hadn't been too fond of how open she had been with the public about their relationship, he had mentioned more than once how envious he was about the fact that she had managed to keep her relationship with Simon a secret.

Where as no matter what he seemed to do, it always ended up on the front pages.

***

Olympic Stadium

"Is Granny here yet?" Adeline asked taking her seat with her brothers, the stadium was packed and the ceremony could not get underway before the arrival of the Queen. 

It was a lovely night that had followed on from a sunny day, even if the temperature had started to drop; Adeline had brought a cardigan to go over her outfit if she started to feel cold. 

"Not yet, Dad says she had something planned to really open up the event," William replied with a shrug of his shoulders, he sat back in his seat as Catherine got comfortable in her own. 

It was not going to be a short ceremony from what he had heard, many things planned to showcase the British; there were many acts expected to perform today. 

They didn't have to wait long before music filled the air and a video started playing on the screens, panning over London towards Buckingham Palace as a taxi made it's approach. 

Focusing on the screen, the film 'Happy and Glorious' showcased Daniel Craig as James Bond making his way through the Palace with the corgis before being shown into the Queen's office where she was waiting for him. 

A smile forming on Adeline's face knowing that this had probably been a closely guarded secret from many; she could see that this would have been something that her grandmother had enjoyed. 

Soon the film showed the Queen and James Bond entering a helicopter and making their way over London with celebrating crowds gradually making their way towards the stadium were the opening ceremony was being held. 

Once the helicopter was above the stadium, they could hear an actual helicopter above before the pilot in the film gave James Bond a thumbs up. 

He opened up the helicopter door and looked back towards the Queen, who then proceeded to jump from the helicopter followed by the actor and the two of them parachute into the stadium to the James Bond theme. 

"Go Granny," the younger royals cheered for their grandmother, quite unable to believe that she had agreed to do something like this. 

The stadium was lit up in red, white and blue as the two made their decent until finally the music came to an end. 

"Ladies and Gentlemen, please stand for Her Majesty the Queen and His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh accompanied by the President of the International Olympic Committee Jacques Rogge," the announcer called as the Queen made her entrance. 

The three moving to take their seats in the front row of the box, the cheers of the crowd where loud as they did so as everyone stood to clap.

The next four hours where filled with laughs and happiness, the best of Britain on display for the entire world to see; there was so much to taken in and Adeline was a little relieved when she finally got home that evening. 

She frowned when Flynn didn't run to greet her like he normally did when she came home, she wondered if the pup had gotten himself stuck again. 

"Flynn?" Adeline called kicking off her shoes and removing her cardigan; she hung it over the back of her couch before heading further into her apartment. 

It was odd not to see the two-year-old dog bounding towards her, he was her companion in most things when Simon wasn't around and she adored how lovable he was. 

Entering her bedroom to see if Flynn had gotten stuck in her wardrobe again, she paused as she spotted a dark silhouette sitting on her bed; quickly flicking on the light she came to a complete stop. 

"Simon?" Adeline whispered in awe, she wasn't expecting him back so soon and without a word of warning; she always knew when he was coming back and he was expected to do so for many more weeks. 

Simon grinned seeing the surprised look on Adeline's face, he had planned this out carefully so he could surprise her; he had seen how down she had been about him being gone. 

Adeline didn't waste another moment in closing the gap between them, her arms wrapping around Simon as she pressed a kiss to his lips; her heart pounding in her chest that he was finally home. 

Wrapping Adeline up in his arms, Simon held her close knowing that they would never be parted again; he was to set down his career for her in the coming months. 

He had a plan, he knew what he was going to do and he just had to carefully plan how he was going to pop the question; he wanted everything to be perfect.

###

Happy Coronation Weekend Everyone!

Long Live King Charles!