He Wenzhao's Death

Start from the beginning

He sighed quietly, unrolled a bamboo scroll, and entered the fray, doing his best to protect the disciples who had gotten caught up in the conflict.

"Don't you hate Hè Wenzhao?" Wenren È didn't know what Yin Hanjiang was thinking right now. He couldn't help clasping his hand under their wide sleeves.

Wenren È thought of himself as someone who didn't care for reputation, and didn't mind when others pushed their crimes on him. As for whether or not it was his doing, heaven kept its own record. Besides, as the leader of a demonic sect, it was better for him to have a bad reputation.

But today, as Yin Hanjiang felt injustice on his behalf, vented for him, and cursed the blind righteous cultivators for him, Wenren È's heart felt warmed.

"I'll deal with him myself, of course," said Yin Hanjiang. "But these righteous cultivators have to bear the fruits of their own actions."

Back when his Venerable saved him, he had vowed to be a vanguard and follow his Venerable throughout every life. Right now, Yin Hanjiang no longer wished to be Wenren È's yes-man. He wanted to stand in front of Ah-Wu and protect this man who was willing to sacrifice himself for mortal lives.

"The Venerable may continue on his own path and pay no mind to the gossip of the outside world," Yin Hanjiang said, gazing at Wenren È. "But I care about the things you don't care about, so let me deal with the things you don't feel like dealing with!"

Yin Hanjiang saw that several righteous cultivators had been consumed by the Blood Demon, who had grown in power significantly. If this went on, even he wouldn't be able to handle him. And the righteous cultivators had gotten enough of a lesson, so the time was now.

"Leave!" The red-robed man dove from the sky, a wave of his sleeve tossing aside the righteous cultivators, who were gathered into a clump and making themselves easier targets for the Blood Demon. Under everyone's eyes, he faced the Blood Demon.

A few righteous cultivators wanted to set aside prior conflicts and team up with him, but he kicked them away.

"Yin Hanjiang!" one person said, flustered. "This isn't the time to bicker over the past! The righteous and demonic paths have to work together to defeat this demon! Why are you attacking us?"

"If you stay here, you'll be a burden. If you don't want to become fodder for the Blood Demon, then get out of this Lord's way!" Yin Hanjiang yelled.

That man wanted to say something, but Zhongli Qian knocked him out with his bamboo scroll from behind and dragged him off. Before leaving, Zhongli Qian gave Yin Hanjiang a look that said, "don't worry, I'll deal with them".

At the same time, a spike blade shining with frosty light transformed into countless copies and surrounded the Blood Demon.

The Blood Demon extended a wisp of soul, trying to dissolve the Army Crushing Spike and absorb Yin Hanjiang's bonded weapon.

The moment his soul touched the weapon, though, the power of Polis descended from the sky. Wenren È stood behind Yin Hanjiang, halberd in hand, and the Blood Demon found himself unable to touch the Army Crushing Spike with Wenren È's chaos energy shrouding it.

The leader of Jiuxing Sect looked up to the seventh star of the Northern Dipper and muttered, "Auspicious signs for Alkaid."

Alkaid was the vanguard unit on the battlefield, disregarding their own lives to enter enemy lines alone. If there was insufficient support, then they would be crushed, so the danger was great. But if they were supported, then great fortune would come to them and they could rewrite the situation.

If Polis couldn't give Alkaid sufficient backup, Alkaid would be a lone soldier, unable to unleash its power. With its master behind it, Alkaid was a dagger that could penetrate deep into the enemy's ranks.