Burning Sky Immortal

Start from the beginning

None of the Shangqing Sect disciples followed her. Hè Wenzhao had wanted to dive into the flames with her, but Liu Xinye was clutching his waist tightly, in a way that said, if you follow her, I'll go with you to die. Hè Wenzhao was furious, but in the end couldn't bring himself to push Liu Xinye away.

After watching for a minute, Zhongli Qian closed his eyes and tied the blindfold back around them. There was nothing more to see.

"Mister Zhongli?" Su Huai said uncertainly.

"Look for yourself," Zhongli Qian said to the Shangqing Sect members.

A figure covered head to toe with soot charged out of the sea of flames. She held a silver silk sash, the other end tied around several dozen unconscious Violet Spirit Pavilion disciples. One of them carried a mature stalk of the Lockheart Herb.

Baili Qingmiao's legs had been burned and she could only stand by leaning against Su Huai. She wiped at the ash on her face and said, "None of the Pavilion disciples died. Someone transferred them to the place where the Lockheart Herb grew. When it matured because of the flames, the power it gave off protected them."

She saw that Hè Wenzhao had already replaced the soul of the disciple Qiu Congxue had attacked into his body. Wenren È had overturned heaven and earth when he acted, yet not a single person had died. He'd only taken the Pavilion Master.

Baili Qingmiao glanced over at Zhongli Qian, then fainted. Her spiritual essence had been expended battling the flames.

The Shangqing Sect finally got their Lockheart Herb. They departed, bringing the Violet Spirit Pavilion disciples with them. Along the journey, no one spoke, their thoughts troubled.

Hè Wenzhao clenched his fists and said to his mental master, "Master, the demonic sects have grown too arrogant. Just a few years ago, they seduced me and broke the Spirit Severing Array. Now they've endangered the disciples of the Shangqing Sect and Violet Spirit Pavilion. How can I become stronger? How can I get rid of that demonic mastermind Wenren È?"

"Let's see..." the Blood Demon Elder said in his mind. "There is a way."

"How?" Hè Wenzhao said, his eyes brightening.

"As an ancient cultivator, I can tell that Wenren È is cultivating a path that can easily lead to deviation. He has already encountered a problem in his cultivation, so he won't be hard to deal with. We just need some help."

He was the first blood cultivator, so of course he could tell that Wenren È hadn't consumed any souls, and was already at his limit.

"What kind of help?" Hè Wenzhao asked.

"Let's see... I'm not too familiar with the cultivators of this age. But a few days ago, didn't you meet an unnamed cultivator? I felt that something was off about him. He gave you his message talisman, no?"

"Yeah. He had one foot in the righteous and demonic paths, but he valued loyalty, so I thought he was worth getting along with."

The Blood Demon Elder chuckled. "Well, I thought his techniques felt like those of a demonic cultivator."

While the Shangqing Sect journeyed back, Wenren È had already brought the Pavilion Master to Xuanyuan Sect. He immediately called over Altar Master Miao and tossed the Pavilion Master to him. "This Venerable wants two things. First, this person needs to willingly hand over a book. Secondly, for the time being, his soul must not be harmed. Use some gentler methods."

Hearing Wenren È's orders, an eager smile appeared on Altar Master Miao's face. "Understood."

Altar Master Ruan, standing to one side, couldn't help but shudder.